Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jondb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 18, 2014
Hi-
I'm working in Word 2011 on reformatting a Word docx that was sent to me. It contains endnote references throughout, but the reference numbers in the text don't seem to be hyperlinked to the endnotes themselves.

As there are several hundred endnotes I obviously want to add / activate these links globally rather than manually, but I can't figure out how to do this.

As a first step I'm trying to establish whether the author of the document included live links and they have been lost in transit, or whether the author just superscripted the reference numbers manually and didn't link them in the first place. Is there a way to tell this? When I highlight one of these numbers the superscript button in the toolbar is activated, but I don't know if this would happen anyway whether the refs were inserted live or not…

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I can't contact the author of the document.

liya1201

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2010
The easiest way to solve your Endnote reformatting problem is to get and use the original author's Endnote library as the source of library. If you can't contact the original author, I think it might be less tedious (compared to manually fix each citation) if you re-insert each citation into Word document from your own Endnote library.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.