Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pebbles1402

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2015
So as I posted on my last thread, I am trying to get a hold of a 5g and 3g nano in red. Is the 3g actually worth buying these days though? I like it because it's littler than the 5g is, the battery is easier to replace, and it's just so dang cute. I'm a woman so my pockets are small.

I have the 7g and honestly I hate the tiny touch screen and lack of coverflow although it is small. I would use the 5g as a backup if the 3g's battery went down while I was out and about, which would make the 5g last longer because it's my favorite model. But is the 3g even worth having now, or is it completely irrelevant these days in your opinion?

It looks great, but I've only seen one in person once, a long time ago. If anyone has pics of one in comparison to the 5g, and being held in the hand, that would be amazing. Thanks all!

cairene2011

Dec 17, 2013
I personally only had issues with the 3Gen nano. I agree, the size was awesome, that's why I picked it too back in the day. However, on two of mine the click wheels died within a year (not sure how long a click wheel is supposed to last under light use, but on my friend's Classic the click wheel is still going strong after 5 years). Unless you're a collector, I wouldn't buy a 3Gen at this time, where you have no more apple care and it has probably been well used/worn down already.

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
So as I posted on my last thread, I am trying to get a hold of a 5g and 3g nano in red. Is the 3g actually worth buying these days though? I like it because it's littler than the 5g is, the battery is easier to replace, and it's just so dang cute. I'm a woman so my pockets are small.

I have the 7g and honestly I hate the tiny touch screen and lack of coverflow although it is small. I would use the 5g as a backup if the 3g's battery went down while I was out and about, which would make the 5g last longer because it's my favorite model. But is the 3g even worth having now, or is it completely irrelevant these days in your opinion?

It looks great, but I've only seen one in person once, a long time ago. If anyone has pics of one in comparison to the 5g, and being held in the hand, that would be amazing. Thanks all!
I have a 3G and 6G Nano, and I think that they're both terrific and still going strong. I bought the 3G back when it was new (hard to believe that it is over 7 years old), loaned it to my teenage kids, they used and abused it, it eventually came back to me, and I'm still using it... battery life is still excellent, love the interface. Love that it can play video.

If you can find one in good condition at a good price, I'd recommend it.

Pebbles1402

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2015
Oh! Thanks so much, I actually scored an almost new one in near mint condition already, thank you though!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.