Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beatboxingboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2014
Lexington TN
I recently bought 2x 4GB ram pieces and installed them and switched them around and when I boot up the mac, it boots up fine but it only shows that there is only one 4GB piece. We have switched them both around and switched them around with 2GB pieces also. It does nothing. It apparently only wants to accept 6GBs at the max! Yes, I have made sure that both of the pieces are in all the way.

Please help,
Joshua

beatboxingboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2014
Lexington TN
I am a little embarrassed to ask this but, what is the RAM bus speed? And where can I find it? I found a number that I think might be the RAM bus speed. The number is 1333MHz.

simonsi

Contributor
Jan 3, 2014
Auckland
I am a little embarrassed to ask this but, what is the RAM bus speed? And where can I find it? I found a number that I think might be the RAM bus speed. The number is 1333MHz.

Thats it - are all modules the same and the same or faster than your MBP is expecting (modules can clock down but not up to match the bus). Look in "About This Mac" - "Memory" tab to see what speed it accepts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.