Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suture

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 22, 2007
For those of you with coin balances, make sure you use them by June:

http://club2.nintendo.com/program-notice/

They're supposed to make a bunch of games available for coin purchase next month to help those with balances to clear out their coins.

Looks like they're going to try and start up some other type of program to replace it.

itsOver9000

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2013
B.F., KS
Yep, sucks. I had just gotten started on it a few months ago, too.. Redeemed some coins last month on Metroid 2 on 3DS. Waiting to see what they make available in Feb. to spend the last of my coins on, I only have 180 left though. I thought it was a pretty decent system. Hopefully whatever they come up with to replace it is good.

Lennholm

macrumors 65816
Sep 4, 2010
I hope the replacement is something global. There is no Club Nintendo where I live, only half-a**ed promotions from the distributor.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
It's a shame for sure. Mine goes back to when the service opened in the GC days. I like being able to look at the big list of purchases I made over the years. Some of the rewards were fantastic too. In Europe we were able to get early DS consoles for a combination of "nintendo stars"-currency and the price of the system itself. I've picked up the Mario Galaxy soundtrack CD, SNES Wii controller, pouches, bags, golf balls. It's kind of neat but it always did feel half-hearted.

And rumour has it that the 3DS Ambassador programme selected people who had lots of games on their Club Nintendo account too.

Natzoo

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
i never had club nintendo or a recent nintendo device. I currently own the game boy color, game boy, nintendo DS, nintendo dsi. But my friend was really sad, and i heard they were making a new program

itsOver9000

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2013
B.F., KS
The last of the rewards were posted on the site a couple days ago. Lots of good choices. The website has been down a lot lately, though..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.