Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crjackson2134

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC
A few weeks ago I purchased AppleCare+ on my new iPad Air 2. Becsuse I purchased a month after owning it, I had to let Apple run a diagnostic test over the air by way of an emailed link.

The diagnostics went well, but it left behind an annoying background process that pops up randomly and I can't find a way to kill this thing permanantly.

Can someone tell me how to remove this process?

Thanks...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:

crjackson2134

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Is your setting under Diagnostics & Usage "automatically send"? If so, maybe switching to "don't send" will fix the issue.

No, that's turned off. I always turn that off on all of my iDevices. I double checked to make sure. It's unrelated to that as far as I can tell.

Jeff R

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2014
Have you tried resetting your iPhone?

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button while pressing and holding the Home button on the front. When you see the Apple logo, release both buttons.

crjackson2134

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Have you tried resetting your iPhone?

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button while pressing and holding the Home button on the front. When you see the Apple logo, release both buttons.

No, my iPhone is just fine.

I did however reset my iPad in the same manner but it didn't fix the problem.

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
That's accessed through safari, so double check your safari tabs (and possibly close them all).

I bet you have a tab open which is trying to load diags://xxxxx

crjackson2134

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC
That's accessed through safari, so double check your safari tabs (and possibly close them all).

I bet you have a tab open which is trying to load diags://xxxxx

Yeah, that's not it. I even cleared out all cookies and website data and it still does this.

squeller

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2008
I may be stating the obvious here, but completely restoring the iPad via iTunes would probably get rid of it. If you absolutely don't want to do that, then maybe you could call Apple and convince them to run the same test again. Maybe it will do its final clean up properly on the second try...

OS X Dude

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
UK
I may be stating the obvious here, but completely restoring the iPad via iTunes would probably get rid of it. If you absolutely don't want to do that, then maybe you could call Apple and convince them to run the same test again. Maybe it will do its final clean up properly on the second try...

This. A restore will totally eradicate a software problem in Apple's eyes, if it persists after that then you're looking at a whole-unit replacement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.