Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HunterCupp

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 13, 2014
Columbus, OH
Hello, all!

As I expand my current collection of vintage Apple computers, I've noticed that there is one that I've never attempted to find before, and that is the Apple IIc.

I was hoping for some advice on where to look for this particular computer without having to deal with eBay and their prices. (I've already searched Craigslist, without any luck.)

What would you recommend spending on an Apple IIc in decent condition (working) with a monitor and stand included?

Thanks in advance!

-Hunter

Last edited:

ctmpkmlec4

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2014
Lyons, KS
I found mine on CL. It came with the monitor, Apple-branded carrying case, printer, and loads of software. I think the seller's original asking price was $125, but I talked her down to $75 because the internal power supply (converter/inverter?) needed replacement. What you pay depends on how badly you want it and what's included in the deal. Try shopgoodwill.com; if they have one for sale, you should be able to get it for a decent price.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.