Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

samuraivara

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 30, 2008
Hi Guys,

Recently SSD on my macbook air (2011) has been replaced. But now when I press cmd+R ''starting internet recovery this may take awhile'' shows up instead of Mac OS X Utilities. Interestingly it's not connecting to wi-fi and my wi-fi won't even show up in the drop down menu.

I dont know what happend. Need your help.

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Hi Guys,

Recently SSD on my macbook air (2011) has been replaced. But now when I press cmd+R ''starting internet recovery this may take awhile'' shows up instead of Mac OS X Utilities. Interestingly it's not connecting to wi-fi and my wi-fi won't even show up in the drop down menu.

I dont know what happend. Need your help.

well thats normal it does take a while for the disk utlilit/option to re-install lion to load, not sure why you wirless is not showing in the drop down could be your router or something

samuraivara

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 30, 2008
Actually, the SSD has been replaced by Apple.
Lion is fine and running. I can work on it and connect to my wireless network.
But the cmd+r is showing the above message instead of mac os x utilities.

samuraivara

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 30, 2008
during bootup?

if yes than this is normal cmd+r is for recovery which is internet recovery with lion

Yes, during bootup.

I am just wondering how to get the following screen back instead of internet recovery.

Attachments

• down1.png
    down1.png
    209.2 KB · Views: 1,504

trible

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2012
Did you find an issue ?
I am in same state and I don't know how just recover my time machine backup on the new ssd.

Thx

therobocop

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2015
Hey guys

I have the exact same problem. Wiped the Mac in recovery mode, tried to reinstall lion.. didn't work... restarted in recovery and then it came up with this restoring internet page and I can't get the original page back. I have left the internet recovery page on for over 13 hours now and there has been no sign of progress at all. When I turn on the laptop without recovery, it comes up with the dreaded question mark folder!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Rob

stephanieclark1031

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2017
Hey guys

I have the exact same problem. Wiped the Mac in recovery mode, tried to reinstall lion.. didn't work... restarted in recovery and then it came up with this restoring internet page and I can't get the original page back. I have left the internet recovery page on for over 13 hours now and there has been no sign of progress at all. When I turn on the laptop without recovery, it comes up with the dreaded question mark folder!

Thanks

Rob

Hey Rob,

I know it's been ages since you posted your comment but I'm currently having the same issue, and I'm wondering if you remember how you solved it.

Thanks!
-Steph

Reactions: Chan81

Chan81

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2020
Hey Rob,

I know it's been ages since you posted your comment but I'm currently having the same issue, and I'm wondering if you remember how you solved it.

Thanks!
-Steph
Hi Rob could you settle that your problem. I am also having the same problem. Please anyone help me with this.
Thank you. i am using imac 2011 mid 27"
my email is ygcjayalal@gmail.com

Chan81

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2020
Hey guys

Thanks

Rob
Hi ,
could you settle that your problem. I am also having the same problem. Please anyone help me with this.
Thank you. i am using imac 2011 mid 27"
my email is ygcjayalal@gmail.com

rpmurray

macrumors 68020
Feb 21, 2017
Back End of Beyond
I'm having the same problem. Upon pressing the power button the Internet Recovery globe pops up with the message "Starting Internet Recovery. This may take a while." There's what appears to be a timer under the progress bar that says 24:00 (and doesn't change) and the progress bar never progresses any further, so they're not kidding. This is on an iMac Pro (2017). I have it attached to ethernet so am not sure why it seems to be taking forever.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.