Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gamer9430

macrumors 68020
Apr 22, 2014
USA

damn, you beat me to posting it. With my understanding, this removes the need for plugins and apps like MacTubes on PowerPC computers. I think T4F supports html 5, thus it can now play youtube video's without plugins. It also might reduce the lag because it needs to stream the videos to apps or plugins, then overlay them onto T4F, using more resources in the process.

weckart

macrumors 603
Nov 7, 2004
damn, you beat me to posting it. With my understanding, this removes the need for plugins and apps like MacTubes on PowerPC computers. I think T4F supports html 5, thus it can now play youtube video's without plugins. It also might reduce the lag because it needs to stream the videos to apps or plugins, then overlay them onto T4F, using more resources in the process.

If you have a Youtube/Gmail/Google account and sign in when you look at Youtube you can have it default to HTML5. It has been that way for a while now. Problem remains that not all files uploaded have a HTML5 version. Quite a few are Flash only.

Gamer9430

macrumors 68020
Apr 22, 2014
USA
If you have a Youtube/Gmail/Google account and sign in when you look at Youtube you can have it default to HTML5. It has been that way for a while now. Problem remains that not all files uploaded have a HTML5 version. Quite a few are Flash only.

really? I had no clue that existed!

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014

I thought you could already use HTML5 YouTube if you wanted to using Testtube?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.