Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

prettybones24

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2010
I totally understand you

Originally Posted by ricktat
I bought my 6 on launch day. I was originally on the fence about getting the 6 or 6 plus. Today I bought a 6 plus with the intent of switching back and forth.
Now I am wondering if I should sell my original 6 or keep it. Not as a spare but literally pop the sim for whatever phone I am feeling that day.
Keep in mind that I do know that I have a problem. I am an addict. I normally swap phones like every 6 months. I buy more cases than a person should have. I also like both of these phones and if there was a 6S model that was out today... I would have just bought that.

I have the same exact problem. I have the 6 from launch week. And I later bought the 6 plus after the urge to have it wouldn't leave my mind. I now have both. I love the plus. Lol. But I don't want to give up the 6. Sigh......I have a problem ....:confused::cool:

Last edited:

Trey M

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2011
USA
I too have both right now and I've grudgingly decided to keep the 6 plus and to sell my 6.

While I think I prefer the 6 plus 75% of the time, the other 25% I really miss the size of the 6. I figure I enjoy the 6 plus enough that I can live with it until the next update, 6S, and then I can reevaluate which one is better for me.

As far as cases go, I feel you there man. I already had 5 cases for my 6, one of which was an Element Case, and now I have to figure out what to do with those. Lol.

iThingsGurl

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2014
Canada
Sell one of 'em, for you may want to buy a rose gold Watch soon. You may change the bands though depending on whatever you are feeling that day.

Booji

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2011
Tokyo
I have both and use both.

6+ for personal usage, and 6 for work usage only.

Same here. Just after I bought my 6+, my company took my Blackberry away and gave me a 6. Don't know if I would have bought the 6+ knowing I was getting a 6 so soon, but it is great having both and I like keeping business and personal separate.

Its great to jump between the two. While I love the 6+, there are times when its great enjoy the small form factor of the 6.

cababah

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
SF Bay Area, CA
Same here. Just after I bought my 6+, my company took my Blackberry away and gave me a 6. Don't know if I would have bought the 6+ knowing I was getting a 6 so soon, but it is great having both and I like keeping business and personal separate.

Its great to jump between the two. While I love the 6+, there are times when its great enjoy the small form factor of the 6.

Similar situation here. I often enjoy the pocketability of the 6 but find myself missing the screen real estate that the 6+ offers. After getting to used to seeing more content on that display, the 4.7" feels "compromised" to me.

Booji

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2011
Tokyo
Similar situation here. I often enjoy the pocketability of the 6 but find myself missing the screen real estate that the 6+ offers. After getting to used to seeing more content on that display, the 4.7" feels "compromised" to me.

It just proves that there are a lot of sick puppies out there. I don't feel so bad now :)

Oh yes, I still have my 5 - its so small and cute I can't bear to get rid of it.

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 18, 2013
Well I ended up selling my IPhone 6. I decided to take the cash and run. Not that my wife telling me I didn't need 2 phones made a difference :cool:

My UAG case came in today. Now I really like the 6 plus.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.