Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mstenzel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2010
I realize that no one can answer this with certainty, but perhaps someone is familiar with past pricing practices may carry over.

I'm close to buying a 13 incher, but am more than willing to wait if I can save some money. I think I've read that the 12" model will replace the 11" model, but I'm wondering if the spec and design changes on the new unit will be viewed as an upgrade that the 13" will drop in price as it would be the older model.

Thanks.

ixxx69

macrumors 65816
Jul 31, 2009
United States
I realize that no one can answer this with certainty, but perhaps someone is familiar with past pricing practices may carry over.

I'm close to buying a 13 incher, but am more than willing to wait if I can save some money. I think I've read that the 12" model will replace the 11" model, but I'm wondering if the spec and design changes on the new unit will be viewed as an upgrade that the 13" will drop in price as it would be the older model.

Thanks.
Not only can no one answer this with certainty, but it's really just a bunch of educated guesses that could go a few ways, which isn't going to be of much help.

Because of the retina screen, I'd expect it to be either a similar price as the 13" (in which case the 13" price will go down), or more expensive than the 13" (in which case the 13" will either remain the same price or go down).

Or Apple might eliminate the 13" and keep the 11" as the lower priced option.

Or Apple might replace both the 11" and 13" with the 12", though I think that's least likely, unless the 12" starts close to the same price as the 11" is now (which is unlikely as well).

I can say that the pricing has little to do with the CPU.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.