Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ackmondual

macrumors 68020
Dec 23, 2014
U.S.A., Earth
I pay $65 a month on with my 6+. Worth every penny being able to use LTE everywhere I go and not rely on wifi. I need my dat to follow me.

The problem I hear was some folks get a subsidized Iphone... they pay $200 for it instead of $650. However, the carriers would jack up the rate for data + celluar such that you pay $500 to $1200 more over a 2-year contract than if you just bought the phone outright.

oldmacs

macrumors 601
Sep 14, 2010
Australia
I think there is still a market for it, if they bring the specs up to at least 5S level. Its a good entry level device for younger audiences, not everyone upgrades to a new iphone each year and can pass their old one down.

They could design a new model and call it an iPad Jr for targeting kids, but i know alot of businesses are moving over to the ipod Touch for handheld uses for employees. Its basic uses are redundant when you compare it to an iPhone but it has unlimited uses for custom applications, they just need to update the hardware.

There is definitely a market. One of the major reasons that the market is so small atm, is because they are selling a device with 4 year old internals.

I'd say that the next iPod Touch ( if it gets a bigger screen) will be rebadged the iPad Nano... sounds a bit funny but hey so did iPad Mini :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.