Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stayfly2407

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 1, 2011
VA
The myglass iOS app doesn't let you do everything an Android phone does. Can anyone with a Jailbroken iphone look in Cydia and see if there's anything in there regarding google glass? Thanks, I don't have a comp only an ipad. So I can't jailbreak my 5S right now to see.

ren857

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2007
That wasn't creepy at all... :confused:

----------

Wow, so it went from a $1500 value to a $250 value... that's right there alongside Dell and HP in resale value. No wonder they killed the sales. LOL

Where can you get a Nexus 6 for $250?

I personally would love to have Googleglass for recording my children handsfree, but $1,500 is very steep!

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Nope, can't find not one Nexus 6 for $250. All were in the $500 - $700 range.

I know you like iPhone, but you don't have to defame the Nexus to prove it.

That's rubbish. I bought my Nexus 6 for $350 ... and that was almost brand new.

Nobody is going to pay $700 on craigslist for a nexus that retails for $640

Not sure why you're trying to start an argument here... there never has been an Android phone that holds value comparatively to an iPhone...

6 months into release, a Nexus goes for half it's retail price. 6 months into release, iPhone goes for maybe 20% off retail. You can call me defamatory all you want, but it's reality, like it or not.

----------

I personally would love to have Googleglass for recording my children handsfree, but $1,500 is very steep!

THIS is why it never took off. The objective wasn't that Glass was a camera\video recorder... but this is what people saw it as... primarily because that was the issue the media was so focused on (rightfully so).

It's a sub-par camera and sub-par video recording device. If your first thought as to use for Glass is a hands-free recording device, you're exactly why the product's marketing failed.

They are easily had here in the $300-500 range, so I guess it would be comparable to a Nexus 6... maybe prices are better here (San Francisco) since it's more of a technology hub than wherever it is you live...

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Free is about right because google just ended the program two weeks ago. I would get the nexus 6 back because its worth more.

This comment sparked my curiosity... I know Glass is somewhat like Siri where there's a backend system that supports it... did Google end the entire operational support, so in other words the existing users have a useless device, or are they still supporting it so those with them can use all of the features offered with the rollout?

EDIT: I'm guessing they're significantly crippled, because here in SF I'm seeing them sold "brand new" for less then $300 in some cases. Guessing a lot of Google employees trying to make money. Surprised their company allows them to do that... but then again if they were on the Glass dev team they may not be employees anymore, hahahaha

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
Where can you get a Nexus 6 for $250?

Buy a gopro and mount it on a strap that goes around your head. It'll still look better than glass.

Stayfly2407

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 1, 2011
VA
Free is about right because google just ended the program two weeks ago. I would get the nexus 6 back because its worth more.

Heck no, that nexus 6 was horrible. After I got glass, used it for a while then sold it on Craigslist. Now waiting for Applewatch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.