Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Larry.dowdell23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2013
I have service through AT&T and ever since I updated to 8.1.3, it shows from when I am on a call the data changes from LTE to 4G, where before it all stayed LTE! Can anyone else that has updated, having this issue as well?

ssl0408

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2013
New York
I have service through AT&T and ever since I updated to 8.1.3, it shows from when I am on a call the data changes from LTE to 4G, where before it all stayed LTE! Can anyone else that has updated, having this issue as well?

Are you sure it was always on LTE during phone calls? Unless you're using VOLTE it will change to 4G during a phone call. I'm not in an area that has VOLTE so my phone drops to 4G during a phone call.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011

That's probably because in the area you are when you are on phone call, there is no VOLTE and thus it drops to 4G.

I'm not in an area where VOLTE is available so each time I make a call, it alway s drops to 4G, and when I end call, it automatically goes back to LTE.

Also check to make sure that you have the AT&T carrier update settings to 18.1 installed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.