Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
I'm on a monster marathon of Ocarina of Time 3D before I go back to work this week. Last chance I'll get before Majora's Mask launches in February.

OoT isn't difficult per se, but it does reinforce the idea that modern games spoon feed us. Some of the additional items such as the masks, or the side quests for the Goron sword are not things I'd have naturally stumbled upon myself. Definitely have to pay attention and explore to get the most out of it.

itsOver9000

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2013
B.F., KS
I just finished 007 nightfire on GameCube. Decent enough game I suppose. Some parts were pretty good, others were just annoying. Pretty easy, enemies are dumb, and the game is short. Now I have the Bond theme song stuck in my head and have a desire to watch all the Brosnan Bond films I've never seen. :)

I think I'll start on Metroid Prime now.

KevinRightWing

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2007
Houston TX
I'm on a monster marathon of Ocarina of Time 3D before I go back to work this week. Last chance I'll get before Majora's Mask launches in February.

OoT isn't difficult per se, but it does reinforce the idea that modern games spoon feed us. Some of the additional items such as the masks, or the side quests for the Goron sword are not things I'd have naturally stumbled upon myself. Definitely have to pay attention and explore to get the most out of it.

I think you hit the nail on the head there. I own the game but I have restarted multiple times because I can only play for 30 min or so at a time and when I get stuck I just seem to lose all traction. I would really like to finish the game one day though. Same exact issue with Metroid Prime. Both are outstanding games, but when you have 3 kids and can only play for a very short time....you just seem to lose traction unlike current generation games that as you said, spoon feed you.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I can not believe I'm 193 Hours into Dragon Age Inquisition and still haven't completed it !!!! That's staggering.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Playing Resident Evil Remaster - for the very first time!

Always quite jealous back in the day when at a friends place who got a PS...and it has aged beautifully. Tank controls quite quirky..wonder why there aren't much more indie games doing the fixed camera angle style though (maybe they do and I have no clue, equally possible).

And got some of the Wii deals for the U, Metroid and DK. Would've been perfect if I could off-tv those but well, will do I guess :)

mandoman

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2005
I can not believe I'm 193 Hours into Dragon Age Inquisition and still haven't completed it !!!! That's staggering.

Hah, I'm saying the same thing about Dark Souls right now. About 85 hours in and only 2/3 way through. I'm covering every nook and cranny taking it slow and cautious though, only way to survive this game.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
I started Far Cry 4 this week. I only got to play for about 30 minutes so far, but the visuals look great and the mechanics seem solid.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Dragon Age Inquisition finally finished on Xbox One. 205 hours!!! I felt really sad finishing it, knowing it was going to be over.

Thankfully I'm only 1/3 way through on my PS4 version so still got the rest to enjoy from totally different side :)

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
Dragon Age Inquisition finally finished on Xbox One. 205 hours!!! I felt really sad finishing it, knowing it was going to be over.

Thankfully I'm only 1/3 way through on my PS4 version so still got the rest to enjoy from totally different side :)

Was it a let down after 205 hours or was it well worth it?? Excited to play it down the road.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Was it a let down after 205 hours or was it well worth it?? Excited to play it down the road.

I can't say too much without spoilers - but suffice to say I was happy with it and its clear there is still a future for dragon age games.

I've been playing it since October and have zero regrets investing those hours in. Considering how many games I buy each year and that I rarely get 20% into games before going onto something else. And these are 10-12 hour games. So to spend so long on one game, enjoy it so much and not get bored, to feel so invested that it made me sad to know I was nearing the end is suffice to say how much I think highly of this game. It's the best game I've played in a number if years and one of the best stories too.

What us even more amazing is that this is just one version of the story and yet my PS4 playthru has a different story, different narrative is staggering. I actually in happy to see how the characters and story differ from my finished playthrough.

macelroy87

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2015
Infamous Second Son

Yesterdays, I watched a video of theRadBrad on youtube. The guy was playing a game called infamous second son. It looks much like Prototype. I'll try it these days.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Yesterdays, I watched a video of theRadBrad on youtube. The guy was playing a game called infamous second son. It looks much like Prototype. I'll try it these days.

It's great .... Can be picked up cheap too nowadays. Indeed if you were a PS+ subscriber they gave away its standalone expansion first light not too long ago.

Beautifully looking game visually too.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005

Are we sure this is not a spam account? Registered today, advertising in the signature, and the wording of the post has a strangely generic feel to it. (Apologies if I am wrong!)

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Are we sure this is not a spam account? Registered today, advertising in the signature, and the wording of the post has a strangely generic feel to it. (Apologies if I am wrong!)

possibly .... though the fact they contributed to an existing thread rather than start a new one - which is the usual method of spamming - gives us reason to offer benefit of doubt.

mandoman

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2005
Infamous Second Son is great, a bit short though.

Last edited by a moderator:

macelroy87

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2015
Oh, com'on, guys! Does it mean that when you are a new user, you should sit quietly and just read, be careful with posting and forget about posting links? If the admins think my signature is inappropriate, they'll remove it.

macelroy87

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2015
It's great .... Can be picked up cheap too nowadays. Indeed if you were a PS+ subscriber they gave away its standalone expansion first light not too long ago.

Beautifully looking game visually too.

It turned out there is a neighbor boy, living right next to my house and he has the game. I asked him if I could try it and it does look awesome. Amazing graphics. However, Infamous second son really reminds me of another game. The main character had similar abilities. I really can't remember its name.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
Oh, com'on, guys! Does it mean that when you are a new user, you should sit quietly and just read, be careful with posting and forget about posting links? If the admins think my signature is inappropriate, they'll remove it.

Sorry about that, no harm meant! :)

Spam accounts are pretty common, unfortunately, and they keep getting better at disguising themselves.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
It turned out there is a neighbor boy, living right next to my house and he has the game. I asked him if I could try it and it does look awesome. Amazing graphics. However, Infamous second son really reminds me of another game. The main character had similar abilities. I really can't remember its name.

Are you thinking of Prototype?

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
None.

Just relocated for work and I am fiending for some video game time but everything is back home and being shipped in 2 weeks with the moving company.

Even when it arrives it may be another month or 3 before I am able to unpack and set them up again.

Just living vicariously through you guys at this point.

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
Zelda A Link Between Two Worlds on 3DS.

Enjoyable so far, no where near as challenging as Ocarina, should be through by the time Majoras Mask is out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.