Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Interesting but I dont have any hulu, amazon or netflix subscriptions.
I always pay for my tivo boxes with a lifetime service so I don't have to keep paying monthly fees.
So this will make it more cluttered?

I'm the same way, don't have any of those service adds.

Yeah I'm thinking it'll become more cluttered. Seems to be going that direction.

citivolus

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2008
Sooooo, here's what I just discovered. Xcon has allowed me to bypass the compliance check on Good, BUT when I look at the admin console it shows my device as non compliant.
FYI to those using this....you may be getting around the check, but the console knows you're 'tainted', so you are standing out in the environment to those who are looking.
Sadly the jig is up for me. I think I was ultimately done in by the admin console issue you mentioned. After Good was working for the last two months, all of a sudden yesterday it failed the Compliance check and deleted itself. #

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
all of a sudden yesterday it failed the Compliance check and deleted itself. #

When I read this I thought of the end of Stephen King's "The Langoliers"

They'll get you.. and they'll eat everything! Self destructive! LOL

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    7.6 KB · Views: 1,122

lmcrael

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2014
Do either of the apps work with the BES12 app? My job uses BES12 to see if my device is compliant.

Riot Nrrrd

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2011
Lost Androideles
tsprotector8 is working for the DirectTV app. Doesn't seem to affect battery life in a couple days of usage.

Does it work for the DirecTV for iPad app? xCon 40 beta2 works for that one (if you don't upgrade to the new 4.0.1 version) but it breaks so many other things :(

With xCon 40 beta2 installed, the official Twitter app will not display any images or videos. It's blocking some host inside the Twitter domain that probably hosts the pics.

It also broke Citymapper's ability to download new city information. I worked around it by installing all the new cities with xCon removed. (I think the issue there is either a similar host blocking issue, or perhaps another issue where SQLite database files are being mysteriously marked as read-only when xCon 40 is installed.)

Someone else told me on Twitter "I can confirm the Twitter issue as well. Also, Evernote crashes when opening and Spotify logs out every time the app is closed."

xCon 40 seems a mess, unfortunately.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
xcon 41 works with the Tivo app, but you have to be quick, and sometimes you can't be quick enough.

definitely needs work, but the trade-off of sometimes having to reload the tivo app multiple times before it works is worth it to be jailbroken.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
my guess is, "where does one download xcon 41"? I believe the latest available is xcon 40 beta...

I had xcon beta 40 and it updated a few weeks ago to xcon beta 41 from xarold

EDIT: now you got me wondering what it updated. I did a quick search and I don't see xcon beta 41 anywhere, so thinking it's a bad file name. Works just fine, but will install the official 40

EDIT 2: both insanelyI and xarold have beta 41... are we sure they didn't release a 41?

EDIT 3: actually did some searching, and in fact there IS a 40 beta 1 and 40 beta 2... I can't post a link to where the dev discusses it because it's a site against the rules here hah

Last edited:

citivolus

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2008
FWIW I tried 40 beta 2 (was running beta 1) and installed Good. no dice. Sadly I can't live anymore without Good so I've gotta give up my JB, moving to iOS 8.2... :(

OutSpoken

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
UK
xCon 40 beta~ 2 isn't working with my banking app (Halifax) it did work on beta ~1 but both break my Twitter app anyway so it's useless.:(

ChipJr3

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2014
tsProtector 8-(v0.1.3-1) is working with the Brighthouse TV app (v3.0.5) on an iPhone 6 plus running iOS 8.1.2 (TaiG jailbreak).

tsProtector 8 - v0.1.3-1
BHTV v3.0.5

iPhone 6 plus
iOS 8.1.2
TaiG jailbreak

evangw

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2008
I don't know if this has been posted yet, but I found an xCon type app that masks that you have a jailbroken device. I used it successfully with PQChat, but that is the only app I have which detects root access to the phone.

Take a look at http://typ0s2d10.appspot.com/repo -- add that to Cydia.

Again, not sure if it has been posted but it works well for me with the app I need it for.

What's worked for me has been Flex -- most apps that have JB checks will have a Flex 'hack' (or whatever they're called) to get rid of the JB check. Nice to know about this app though, hadn't heard of it before.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
What version of xcon you got installed chief?
Everything running ok with no issues?

Still on b40v1... tried going to b40v2 and it just gave too many issues.

It runs ok, not as well as the old days. Every once in a while if I launch the app and it sits for too long before I play or stream or record something, it'll do the "Unauthorized Modifications Detected" message, which I just quit then re-open the app and all is well.

Well worth it. The Tivo update this week fixed a lot of the annoyances I had with the old app, like not easily able to toggle between DVR and iPad tabs, which they hid before, and now is back to front and center where it belongs.

Coleman2010

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010
NYC
Still on b40v1... tried going to b40v2 and it just gave too many issues.

It runs ok, not as well as the old days. Every once in a while if I launch the app and it sits for too long before I play or stream or record something, it'll do the "Unauthorized Modifications Detected" message, which I just quit then re-open the app and all is well.

Well worth it. The Tivo update this week fixed a lot of the annoyances I had with the old app, like not easily able to toggle between DVR and iPad tabs, which they hid before, and now is back to front and center where it belongs.

Where can I get xCon b40v1? Which repo?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.