Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

harrypham

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2014
SA, Texas
If I were them and the iPad did not run iOS 7 or 8, I would turn off wifi and cellular connections ( or simply turn on Airrplane Mode), signed out the Victim's Apple ID, took SIM card out, and restored the iPad :D

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe
If I were them and the iPad did not run iOS 7 or 8, I would turn off wifi and cellular connections ( or simply turn on Airrplane Mode), signed out the Victim's Apple ID, took SIM card out, and restored the iPad :D

i quess the thing is "not the brightest stars of the sky..."

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
These geniuses also used the stolen iPad to make a Youtube video.

Stupidly allowing auto-uploads of photos to the victim's iCloud account is one thing. Deliberately making a video with the same gear and posting it yourself is a whole different kind of stupid.

TheAppleFairy

Suspended
Mar 28, 2013
The Clinton Archipelago unfortunately

YouTube: video

Stupidly allowing auto-uploads of photos to the victim's iCloud account is one thing. Deliberately making a video with the same gear and posting it yourself is a whole different kind of stupid.

When they get out of jail can someone tell them to rotate the iPad 90 degree before hitting the record button the next time they do this.

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe
When they get out of jail can someone tell them to rotate the iPad 90 degree before hitting the record button the next time they do this.

please make sure they do understand what is "90 degrees" before even suggesting to rotate it...

rhinosrcool

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2009
MN
Those 2 crooks are dumber than toads. However, the idiot who left his macbook, ipad, and $5000 in his truck is one dumb bozo, too.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO

I will not look at the YouTube comments.

*looks at the YouTube comments*

WHY DID I LOOK AT THE YOUTUBE COMMENTS???????? ****ing racists.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

why not power off put in DFU mode and restore from existing downloaded iOS ... then again with iOS/iCloud that could've been tracked too due to registered S/N#.

----------

Being a brotha and knowing a real hustle without doing crime ... these guys make me feel ashamed and then adding to the rampant hate against blacks in America.

STUPID ASS FOOLS ... Rule #1 of being a crook "SHUT UP, SHUT UP SHUT UP ... don't show off!" Are there NOT enough thug life movies to teach fools like this, this simple basic rule?

Glad the victim got his money back, his iPad back and now bar jokes to go along with it.

----------

Hahaha.... This is freaking classic! Now I am curious on what the penalty will be!?!?!

Guys ...I'm pissing myself laughing histerically!

I think this global picture and video worldwide is punishment enough ... to have their entire hood smack them up and make fun of them for months to come.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
why not power off put in DFU mode and restore from existing downloaded iOS ... then again with iOS/iCloud that could've been tracked too due to registered S/N#.

This is why I use the Lookout app on my phone. It will take a front cam picture and tag the location, every time my phone and tablet is turned off, restarted, or put in airplane mode. So even the smarter ones will have a chance of getting caught. Apple should implement that on iOS devices.

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
Glad they got caught. I wonder why the victim was leaving thousands of dollars in his vehicle. While not justifying a theft, it is rather stupid in instead.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.