Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gjwilly

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2011
SF Bay Area
They work, but with TRIM disabled. To enable, u must use some software (like TE)

----------

Yes, the only way to NOT need TE is buying your Mac with SSD from factory.

It doesn't need to be purchased straight from the Factory though. It just needs to be a genuine Apple SSD.
If you transplanted an Apple SSD from an other Mac, the OS would automatically enable trim for you.

crashwarez

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2014
Brazil
It doesn't need to be purchased straight from the Factory though. It just needs to be a genuine Apple SSD.
If you transplanted an Apple SSD from an other Mac, the OS would automatically enable trim for you.

hmm, true! I forgot this detail.. :D

nollimac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 10, 2013
Cool...good to know. I think I'll wait for the official release of 10.10.2 to see whether Apple made changes. Since I am running Server, I want to keep things Apple happy before applying alternative.

Just to follow up, I upgraded to 10.10.2...even without trim disabled and EVERYTHING is running fine. :cool:

The lesson learned...if one is using a Mac Mini as a server, don't rush to upgrade until the second update release of a major operating system upgrade is officially out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.