Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Appletvgk

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 6, 2011
I'm considering ordering SlickWraps bc I want to change the color of the front of my 6+ from white to black or carbon fiber. Has anyone installed a glass screen protector over the wrap successfully?

Thanks

Carny13

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2014
^in for results. I want to change the front on mine from white to black as well.

Appletvgk

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 6, 2011
Just tried it and although the skins are thin, they are thick enough to not allow this to work. I had an oil slick in the middle of the screen. I might just buy a Zagg HDX and cut it to fit inside the skin.

slickwrapsinc

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2014
Andover, USA
I'm considering ordering SlickWraps bc I want to change the color of the front of my 6+ from white to black or carbon fiber. Has anyone installed a glass screen protector over the wrap successfully?

Thanks

Hello,

For best results apply Slickwraps over your glass screen protector.

If you ever need anything i'm here to help!

Weston
Slickwraps

Appletvgk

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 6, 2011
Thanks for replying! I use a zagg glass that doesn't cover the glass in some areas, will the wrap form around its edges?

Appletvgk

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 6, 2011
Don't know what happened to Slickwrapsinc, but I decided to try it. I washed the adhesive side of my Zagg Privacy glass w soap and water (Bc it got dirty after I removed it last week). I then removed my SlickWraps front wrap very carefully. I applied the Zagg and then the SlickWraps and it actually worked out well. I was able to work the wrap into the areas where the Zagg glass has its cutouts. Just not sure if I'll be able to use my clear TPU case without it lifting the edges of the wrap, but I'll try tomorrow after the wrap bonds fully.

Edit: I failed to mention that I used a heat gun to form the Carbon Fiber wrap around the Zagg Glass

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2,004
Last edited:

Appletvgk

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 6, 2011
Well, a corner started to peel. I contacted slickwraps for a replacement and it took over a week for them to tell me to email them a pic of it. Emailed a pic last week and no response. FYI- Their customer service is awful.

slickwrapsinc

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2014
Andover, USA
Don't know what happened to Slickwrapsinc, but I decided to try it. I washed the adhesive side of my Zagg Privacy glass w soap and water (Bc it got dirty after I removed it last week). I then removed my SlickWraps front wrap very carefully. I applied the Zagg and then the SlickWraps and it actually worked out well. I was able to work the wrap into the areas where the Zagg glass has its cutouts. Just not sure if I'll be able to use my clear TPU case without it lifting the edges of the wrap, but I'll try tomorrow after the wrap bonds fully.

Edit: I failed to mention that I used a heat gun to form the Carbon Fiber wrap around the Zagg Glass

We're here!! :)

PM me your order # and I'll get you taken care of.

Thanks!
Weston
Slickwraps

adock

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2014
PA

Edit: I failed to mention that I used a heat gun to form the Carbon Fiber wrap around the Zagg

How did u wash the adhesive on the glass?

Appletvgk

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 6, 2011

Edit: I failed to mention that I used a heat gun to form the Carbon Fiber wrap around the Zagg

How did u wash the adhesive on the glass?

Soap and water

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.