Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iOSnonjailbreak

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2015
How did you get it to work all of a sudden? The updated link for moviebox 3.1 on the site saying it works for nonjailbroken ones now, doesn't work on my iOS version new updated of 8.1.3. Considering jail breaking my phone for moviebox now

QUOTE=Jstuts5797;20658426]Update - MovieBox is now working on my NON jailbroken 4s running 7.1

----------

Curious from those of you who have used all three - MovieBox, HD cinema, and playbox.... Which one did you like the best? Which one had the most stuff, worked best with AirPlay, best quality, ect?[/QUOTE]

Jstuts5797

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2013
How did you get it to work all of a sudden? The updated link for moviebox 3.1 on the site saying it works for nonjailbroken ones now, doesn't work on my iOS version new updated of 8.1.3. Considering jail breaking my phone for moviebox now

QUOTE=Jstuts5797;20658426]Update - MovieBox is now working on my NON jailbroken 4s running 7.1

----------

Curious from those of you who have used all three - MovieBox, HD cinema, and playbox.... Which one did you like the best? Which one had the most stuff, worked best with AirPlay, best quality, ect?
[/QUOTE]

Yea because as I stated its only running on one of my devices running iOS 7.1 NOT 8.1.3. Can't get it to work on any of my iOS 8.1.3 devices

Tonyhaz

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2014
Moviebox working on my iPad 2 and iPhone 4s running 8.1.2 using the last link posted

Odezzy

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2014
If your talk about streaming Movie4k.to and G2G are good.

----------

If you download Xbmc there are quite are few sites on that.

ssl0408

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2013
New York
Since none of the movie apps were working on 8.1.3, I downgraded to 8.1.2 and found out that they still don't work!! I decided to jailbreak the phone (iphone 6) and now I have moviebox, hd cinema and popcorn time working. I had trouble with apps crashing last time I jailbroke but this time around so far so good.

Sigmaone2000

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2014
Since none of the movie apps were working on 8.1.3, I downgraded to 8.1.2 and found out that they still don't work!! I decided to jailbreak the phone (iphone 6) and now I have moviebox, hd cinema and popcorn time working. I had trouble with apps crashing last time I jailbroke but this time around so far so good.

Is it hard to jailbreak? I'm kind of afraid of ending up with an iBrick.

ssl0408

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2013
New York
Is it hard to jailbreak? I'm kind of afraid of ending up with an iBrick.

No, it's not hard. I had no problems. I was new to jailbreaking as well. if anything goes wrong, and I doubt it wil, you just restore your phone through iTunes. There are many websites that show you how to do it exactly.

Tonyhaz

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2014
I got an old iPhone 4 that I jailbroke it's running iOS 7.1.2
What's the best sources for movie and TV shows ?

Adrian23

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2015
!

wow cant believe HD cinema is down I really hope they come up with a fix soon. Anybody have something please post!

Tonyhaz

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2014
On the old iPhone 4 running 7.1.2
I still have HD cinema cartoo. hD and movie box all working, movie box is very slow loading I have to wait for the 100% thing to run
Now I've jail broken it I've put popcorn time on it and it's rubbish don't seen to load up :-(

Hustler1337

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK
The latest MovieBox (3.2.2) does work on the latest version of iOS (8.1.3) on non-jail broken devices if you self-sign the app. Just thought I'd share.

Hustler1337

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK
Got a link to back that up ? Lol

How do you self sign apps ?

You'll need an Apple Developer account or you can register your device's UDID with a developer to be able to self-sign and install your own IPA files. Once you're registered and have the certificate and provisioning profile for your device, download MovieBox and then sign the app yourself for it to run on your device.

I think the MovieBox app on pgyer.com is utilising iOS' Enterprise Program to enable it to be installed on any device. There may be a problem with the account which is preventing the latest MovieBox from being installed successfully on peoples' non-jailbroken devices.

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
Got a link to back that up ? Lol
No link but I have been using Zeusmos to sign apps for over 2 years now and Moviebox has worked consistently the entire time regardless of iOS updates that have come out. App has never failed on me other than being a little slow with streaming or download speeds.

Kiarimi13

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2015
No link but I have been using Zeusmos to sign apps for over 2 years now and Moviebox has worked consistently the entire time regardless of iOS updates that have come out. App has never failed on me other than being a little slow with streaming or download speeds.

I've tried zuesmos but it there isn't one working for 8.1.3. Or at least to my knowledge there isn't

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.