Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Flac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 28, 2015
I'm trying to use XLD to convert FLAC to ALAC but it's all in Japanese and I don't know what to click.

I chose 'Apple losseless' but there doesn't seem to be any 'convert' button anywhere.

How can I make it not in Japanese?

wrx09md

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2013
I think you might have downloaded the wrong file hence it's in Japanese. I don't think you can convert a file to another file with XLD. You can rip a CD and convert to whatever you want for sure.

phrehdd

macrumors 601
Oct 25, 2008
As the other poster suggested, you don't have the English language version of the app.

Also, while iTunes can handle higher rez music files, the iPhone can only handle up to 44.1/16. (Thus if your original file was 96/24, you will need to convert it to an Apple playable format that is 44.1/16 which is CD quality).

If you Flac file is 44.1/16 then a direct conversion.

Flac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 28, 2015
I thought just converting to Apple Lossless (alac) is all that is needed. And I read that XLD or Max can do that but on Max there was no option for alac that I could find.

Fry-man22

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2007
I use XLD to convert from FLAC to ALAC.

I don't think there is a 'convert' button in XLD. I just set the options and output directory and then drag the files I want to convert into the dock icon.

wrx09md

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2013

I don't think there is a 'convert' button in XLD. I just set the options and output directory and then drag the files I want to convert into the dock icon.

I did not know you could drag into the icon to convert. I know XLD is pretty sweet but I thought you could only convert from disc. Learn something new every day. Thanks

----------

Just took it for a spin and it worked great. Thanks again. I have only used XLD to convert my CD collection while burning. I didn't have to use XLD the way the OP was stating before so this helped us both.:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.