Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I don't post images here often but I seem to err on the theme of butterflies when I do. Here's a snapshot from a quick winter wander around the Stratford-Upon-Avon Butterfly Farm. This cabinet had row upon row of pupae emerging. Quite beautiful. Reflections included from the glass, but I quite like them - I was, after all, peering in!

Nikon V1, 18.5mm, f/2.2 at 1/100 sec, ISO 200.

Haven't been there in a few years. Might go back now I do photography.

leighonigar

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2007
Haven't been there in a few years. Might go back now I do photography.

Worth popping in if you are reasonably local, like most of these places it seemed slightly under-maintained, but I guess January is not peak-season. Probably the most photogenic place I have seen butterflies was inside the glasshouse at RHS Wisley, which they seem to do every winter. However, Wisley is very busy by comparison, and the glasshouse much much bigger, so not so good for close-ups of the insects themselves.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Worth popping in if you are reasonably local, like most of these places it seemed slightly under-maintained, but I guess January is not peak-season. Probably the most photogenic place I have seen butterflies was inside the glasshouse at RHS Wisley, which they seem to do every winter. However, Wisley is very busy by comparison, and the glasshouse much much bigger, so not so good for close-ups of the insects themselves.

About an hour away, so yes I'll pop down in the next few weeks.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
B4eLuWH.jpg

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.