Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mohammed-eg

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 26, 2013
until now i don't believe that i will be forced some time to install IOS 7 due to the new updates of apps ..etc , but we must do something to apple that show our bad feeling from the new style i can't look to note app or calender or reminder it's very ugly and hideous and colors are so bright , do you think that IOS 7 adoption rate will be good replay from customers to apple that may make them change stuff that we hate ???

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
until now i don't believe that i will be forced some time to install IOS 7 due to the new updates of apps ..etc , but we must do something to apple that show our bad feeling from the new style i can't look to note app or calender or reminder it's very ugly and hideous and colors are so bright , do you think that IOS 7 adoption rate will be good replay from customers to apple that may make them change stuff that we hate ???

The adoption rate is more than double what it was the first 24 hours after iOS 6 was released. Already more than 40% of users are running iOS 7.

Edit: And if you want to bring green felt and wooden shelves back on your phone, here you go.

http://9to5mac.com/2013/09/19/buyers-remorse-heres-how-to-go-back-to-ios-6-while-you-still-can/

Last edited:

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA

I think those that dislike iOS 7 are more in the minority. Not to say they're wrong or don't exist, but just saying.

I love it, and so do many others. I don't think they'll ever bring back skeuomorphism, and I hope they don't.

mohammed-eg

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 26, 2013
I think those that dislike iOS 7 are more in the minority. Not to say they're wrong or don't exist, but just saying.

I love it, and so do many others. I don't think they'll ever bring back skeuomorphism, and I hope they don't.

so we are minority that's it ???? believe me man every thing will be clear next days and we will see the feed back

----------

The adoption rate is more than double what it was the first 24 hours after iOS 6 was released. Already more than 40% of users are running iOS 7.

i think with IOS 7 the final rate will be the judge

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
so we are minority that's it ???? believe me man every thing will be clear next days and we will see the feed back

----------

Sounds like you need to let go of the past.. ;)

Just keep an open mind and accept change. Apple isn't going back - I guarantee you 100%. The most they will do is tweak the new interface.

The final rate? After Apple stop signing (very soon), people won't be able to downgrade. The final rate will be a high adoption rate. If current data trend continues, higher than iOS 6.

paradox11

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2013
Nothing. The adoption rates are already the highest they've ever been. People complain after every iOS release--this is no different. Stay with it for a few weeks and you'll forget you even had complaints.

jtfolden

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2002
Springfield, Ohio
There is no reason at all for them to turn back. There are a lot of exceptional ideas in iOS 7 and I hope they get explored greatly by Apple and 3rd party devs.

Cancelled
Jul 13, 2008
It's a dramatic change that'll take some getting used to. I was very unsure at first when I installed the first beta, but in the few months leading up to the launch I've come to absolutely love the new style, even the icons (mostly).

Just give it time. It's human nature to reject change, but you'll like it eventually.

Can you imagine if they were to continue with the same old skeuomorphic design for another six years? :eek:

jtfolden

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2002
Springfield, Ohio
Can you imagine if they were to continue with the same old skeuomorphic design for another six years? :eek:

It would have turned into Microsoft Bob!

Bill-Gates-Hints-at-the-Return-of-Microsoft-Bob-2.jpg

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles

Every person I have spoken to so far has said the same thing. "It Feels like I have a new phone". I don't hear too many people complaining about it and saying it's hideous.

SakuraSuki

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2013
In order to make everyone happy, Apple should make iOS 7 flat edition and Skeuomorphism edition. Your choice when updating iOS 7

----------

Every person I have spoken to so far has said the same thing. "It Feels like I have a new phone". I don't hear too many people complaining about it and saying it's hideous.

How exactly iOS 7 makes people think "it feels like I have a new phone"? Do people suddenly realized that they are no longer using iPhone or the new UI makes people think it came from Google or Microsoft?

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles

----------

In the next few days you will see nothing. Just more people liking the new design. Apple is not going to go back to a 2007 design.

----------

In order to make everyone happy, Apple should make iOS 7 flat edition and Skeuomorphism edition. Your choice when updating iOS 7

----------

How exactly iOS 7 makes people think "it feels like I have a new phone"? Do people suddenly realized that they are no longer using iPhone or the new UI makes people think it came from Google or Microsoft?

I'm not going to waste my breath on you.

iisdan

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2010
In the next few days you will see nothing. Just more people liking the new design. Apple is not going to go back to a 2007 design.

So they wont go back to a 2007 design but they will go back to an 80's design? Flat design is not new. It's unintuitive, boring and old.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
So they wont go back to a 2007 design but they will go back to an 80's design? Flat design is not new. It's unintuitive, boring and old.

Screen resolutions back in 2007 were pretty low. Apple used drop shadows and other tricks to hide this fact in its iOS design. Now that screen resolutions are much higher the flat design looks great on modern phones.

If Flat design was boring and old Microsoft, Google, Apple and others would not all adopt it as "modern" design.

I'm not sure what you think it uintuitive exactly.

deluxeshredder

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2013
Screen resolutions back in 2007 were pretty low. Apple used drop shadows and other tricks to hide this fact in its iOS design.
Drop shadows and gloss don't hide pixelation, flat blocks do.

Now that screen resolutions are much higher the flat design looks great on modern phones.
And it looks horrible on matte screens as it heavily emphasises the sparkle effect.

If Flat design was boring and old Microsoft, Google, Apple and others would not all adopt it as "modern" design.

I'm not sure what you think it uintuitive exactly.
Flat design was adopted primarily because it is easy for developers.

TRDmanAE86

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2015
New England
Drop shadows and gloss don't hide pixelation, flat blocks do.

And it looks horrible on matte screens as it heavily emphasises the sparkle effect.

Flat design was adopted primarily because it is easy for developers.

IOS 6 was beautiful. Even looking back today, I miss it(on a iPad). Friends lash out at me for not updating and, I don't care. Changing just because you can is unacceptable. It is abusive and power hungry (Jony Ives). Change for innovation is the right type of change. Looks like it's going to be time soon to buy 12 iPhone batteries for my 4S:cool:!

Why can't we have the old design? Cause Ives is power hungry. It's sad to say but, I feel he is trying to brainwash us all.

Last edited:

Solomani

macrumors 601
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina

What could make Apple return to old iOS style skeumorphism, you ask?

Answer 1: The Death of Jony Ive

Answer 2: Jony's ouster from Apple (due to executive infighting)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.