Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steveatesh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2014
North east England
I'm not sure if I'm going stupid but for some reason I can not create a folder in an existing folder in Finder to save an Apple Mail attachment?

Usually I would click the attachment in Apple Mail and then save the drop down box that appears with Finder, I navigate through Documents to where I want the attachment and for some reason I can not create a new folder. I get the message that this location is read only even though the permissions in Get Info state clearly Read/Write for all folders involved in the pathway.

If I go directly to Finder (rather than through Mail) I can easily create a folder wherever I want, but this makes it far more convoluted overtime I want to save an attachment.

I'm sure it was ok before 10.1.2 update which I only did yesterday.

Anybody else experiencing this or am I suddenly having a severe senior moment and missing something obvious or dreaming that I could do this before 10.1.2? :roll eyes:

Edited to Add - sorted, there was a permissions change by 10.1.2 on the "documents" folder itself whereby I had full read write permission but "everybody" only had read permission. I changed Everybody to read write and its all woking now. I'll leave this here in case anybody else experiences the same problem.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.