Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nfs2

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2006
Ok before i send my ibook in for repairs, i wanna see how common this is, to determine if id probably just get the same problem with a replacement.

The left side of the screen is sligtly darker then the right side. This is barley noticable, and only noticable on white backgrounds. Is yours like this?

Please reply and tell me if your screen is perfectly illuminated throughout or if its like mine. Also, if anyone knows what could fix this without sending it in (is there a way to adjust left/rigt brihtness?) that would be cool too

Dr. Cheesesteak

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2005
I do have similar uniformity errors like this.

I wouldn't say you could draw a line down the monitor and determine exactly where it changes from light to dark though - it's more of a problem in the upper corners of the screen.

nfs2

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2006
Yea its a very faint thing, barley noticable.. Im trying hard not to notice it, but you know how it is.. Its like with a dead pixel, one you know its there, its all you see.. lol

If most iBooks are like this then ill jus keep mine an get used to it. No point in sending it out to get it back the same or worse

rye9

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2005
New York (not NYC)
My iBook is the same, the left side is slightly darker than the left. However, I never noticed it until someone else mentioned it on these forums, so I guess its so faint on mine I would have never noticed it w/o being told about it. Thats the only thing keepin me sane, knowing that its so small I wouldnt have noticed it.:D

nfs2

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2006
rye9 said:
My iBook is the same, the left side is slightly darker than the left. However, I never noticed it until someone else mentioned it on these forums, so I guess its so faint on mine I would have never noticed it w/o being told about it. Thats the only thing keepin me sane, knowing that its so small I wouldnt have noticed it.:D

lol thats exactly what happend to me. I had it for 2 weeks before someone mentioned it on a forum, then i looked closeley and noticed it. Since it seems that just how iBook are i doont have to send it in :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.