Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lumencreative

macrumors regular
May 19, 2014
Lancashire
Thought it was time for a change. I got rid of the 20 year old desk and got a Humanscale are for the monitors. My macbook pro is now kept safe inside a cupboard.

[url=http://i846.photobucket.com/albums/ab28/hopeless4/BE570DAF-4E35-4ACA-B6BD-9AA1A4D1F289_zpspgwc3ogj.jpg]Image[/URL]

Looks good. How do you find the drawers? Are they good quality? We are thinking of getting some when we move to our new office, but haven't had chance to get to Ikea to look at them in person yet.

silvetti

macrumors 6502a
Nov 24, 2011
Poland
Working from home has this advantages :)

Attachments

• DSC00958.JPG
    DSC00958.JPG
    870 KB · Views: 444

IamDave

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2015
United Kingdom
Post your (Real) working environment... (Messy Desk)

Nice and tidy, I haven't got a desk let alone an office, only a tool box

Is that the inside of an Ambulance?

Toolbox could make a handy desk, or lunch box

Indeed it is! and I like a nice tidy cab. Also one of the few with a fully working radio and working air conditioning too which will come in handy again! And my view is which ever way I decide to park

Mark72501

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2009
They are both actually 23" Apple Cinema Displays. They have been working great and hope to get a couple more years out of them.

Pretty sure he/she was asking about the picture of the three Dell displays in vertical orientation you posted below the other one...

TyPod

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2006
Minneapolis, MN

BrettApple

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2010
Heart of the midwest
Yes my desk is plastic...
It was going to be temporary, but I've had it well over a year now. Lol :rolleyes:
Amz1Cnwl.jpg

It's shared with these noisy beasts behind me.

RoyzwWUl.jpg

The dang fans on the switches are usually louder than the whole server. Unless it reboots, then it sounds like a jet taking off and I usually leave the room while it starts back up :eek:

TheAppleFairy

Suspended
Mar 28, 2013
The Clinton Archipelago unfortunately
Yes my desk is plastic...
It was going to be temporary, but I've had it well over a year now. Lol :rolleyes:

It's shared with these noisy beasts behind me.

The dang fans on the switches are usually louder than the whole server. Unless it reboots, then it sounds like a jet taking off and I usually leave the room while it starts back up :eek:

That has to be the most filthy light switch I have ever seen.

BrettApple

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2010
Heart of the midwest
That has to be the most filthy light switch I have ever seen.

Right? It kind of drives me crazy because I like to keep everything clean as best as I can in the rather small server room I'm in. I've thought about swapping it with one in the room next door just to see if anyone would notice. Or perhaps it would clean up if it isn't discolored too badly. I've got a rag and some isopropyl alcohol usually used for thermal compound cleaning.

It does make me wonder how it got that way though...

Edit: rubbing alcohol for the win :)
l76k9lNl.jpg

Last edited:

TheAppleFairy

Suspended
Mar 28, 2013
The Clinton Archipelago unfortunately
Right? It kind of drives me crazy because I like to keep everything clean as best as I can in the rather small server room I'm in. I've thought about swapping it with one in the room next door just to see if anyone would notice. Or perhaps it would clean up if it isn't discolored too badly. I've got a rag and some isopropyl alcohol usually used for thermal compound cleaning.

Yeah the office appears clean. Maybe someone swapped switch plates with you.

AppleDApp

macrumors 68020
Jun 21, 2011

How warm is your office? Or are you freezing?

BrettApple

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2010
Heart of the midwest
How warm is your office? Or are you freezing?

It's all sorts of temperatures depending on the weather (and it's nowhere near stable this time of year here). But usually around 70-75. Dipping to 65 or less in the winter since I'm by an entrance that lets a lot of cool air in.

The bad part is that it's just walled off from what was a bigger room, about 1/4th of it. And the thermostat is in here, while the vents are for the entire room. So if the server heats up the room it'll cool it down and freeze out the others in the office next to mine. Or in the winter it'll be cool and heat it up too much in their room while mine is just peachy. Not the best planning there. :p

The server is a Dell PowerEdge R510. It'll put out a decent bit of heat (2x Xeons and a 5 HDD RAID) but the switches dish out quite a bit too. It's not bad at all though compared to some server rooms with multiple servers and inadequate AC like my old school. Those suckers could be hot. Or others that are well cooled and you freeze in. So I'll take it as it is.

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
when I had my first apartment I had no internet at home. Starbucks was literally walking distance away. I used to go there to cough borrow wifi. I was never a tv person so no cable never bothered me. Having no internet did though so would often spend several hours every day there before work.

Reactions: res.ipsa

res.ipsa

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2015
San Diego, CA
when I had my first apartment I had no internet at home. Starbucks was literally walking distance away. I used to go there to cough borrow wifi. I was never a tv person so no cable never bothered me. Having no internet did though so would often spend several hours every day there before work.
I can rarely get any work done at home and after being in the library six days a week for weeks on end I'd just about rather sit anywhere but there so a classmate and I started cafe hopping for a bit. Aside from feeling like a gypsy and overpaying for coffee and carbs it was fun. Bonus: You meet some interesting characters, don't you?!

Reactions: AppleFanatic10
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.