Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 15, 2014
Hello everybody,
I have been having a strange issue with my iPad mini first generation. It seems to have all started in the NHL app. It is that the speakers randomly stop working. Sometimes they just don't play sound, and other times they sound extremely distorted and weird. I have to shut down my iPad or do a soft reset in order to get the speakers back to normal, and sometimes it takes a few tries before it will be fixed.does this sound like a hardware issue? I'm going to try deleting the NHL app and leaving it off of my iPad to see if the issue happens while the app isn't on there. That way I can see if it is just some sound bug that is being caused by the NHL app.
But what do you think? Does this sound like something that could possibly mean I need to get a new iPad? I really don't want to atm cause I am planning on getting the apple watch on launch day.

smooth

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2007
Detroit
My daughters each have a Mini 1 and one of them has the same issue. I can fix mine by going to Accesibility in Settings and turning Mono on and then turning it off.

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 15, 2014
My daughters each have a Mini 1 and one of them has the same issue. I can fix mine by going to Accesibility in Settings and turning Mono on and then turning it off.

Thanks for the tip. How long has it had the issue?

smooth

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2007
Detroit
Thanks for the tip. How long has it had the issue?

It started a few months after she got it. It seems to happen every few months and the Mono trick fixes it every time. I don't think it's the NHL app that causes it, mine has never had that app. Probably a hardware issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.