Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 27, 2012
Looking for a camera app (replacing default iphone camera) that can automatically place the current DateStamp on the picture (permanently) like old analog cameras.

This will be used on crime scenes, so the pictures needs the date and time ON THE ACTUAL PICTURE itself when exported to be printed.

include GPS info, again, on the photo itself a plus but not mandatory.

Seen any?

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 27, 2012
OK, answering my own Q. Some I found:

EvidenceCam - Places GPS and TimeStamp info on header, and optionally custom texts on footer. Can't change fonts. Camera function rudimentary.

TimeStampCamera - Places Date&Time on upper left corner, can change font and size.

For more, go into the App store and search for CAMERA STAMP.

xArtx

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2012
OK, answering my own Q. Some I found:

EvidenceCam - Places GPS and TimeStamp info on header, and optionally custom texts on footer. Can't change fonts. Camera function rudimentary.

TimeStampCamera - Places Date&Time on upper left corner, can change font and size.

For more, go into the App store and search for CAMERA STAMP.

So a law enforcement entity is using iPhones for photography?
It's not a hard App to write. If nothing suitable exists, it's a good idea.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Looking for a camera app (replacing default iphone camera) that can automatically place the current DateStamp on the picture (permanently) like old analog cameras.

This will be used on crime scenes, so the pictures needs the date and time ON THE ACTUAL PICTURE itself when exported to be printed.

include GPS info, again, on the photo itself a plus but not mandatory.

Seen any?

Have you checked with your crime lab personnel to see if this will be acceptable in court? Also make sure it isn't your personnel phone, but an issued phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.