Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

srltzz342

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2014
The Obamacare website was one of the worst constructed websites in the history of the government's websites.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
CNN.

I realize that CNN is not a corporate or professional website, but I can't help but complain about their awful redesign!

Agreed, the redesign of CNN is plain awful.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
I kind of like CNN, typography is good, I like the white space, some of the information is pretty dense, but still clear. I realize it’s a change up, but I don’t find it totally disruptive.

Same for V-Dub.

Bloomberg has +wacky+ color choices, a few bizarre parallax kind of scrolling gimmicks. The individual sections feel like pages on something like Flipboard, and I “get” trying to create a feel for each, but some are odd and as one giant information wall, it’s a little seizure inducing. The 404 page is unforgivable :D

Ding ding! Winner :D

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
What's the worst corporate / professional website you can think of?

Bloomberg had a nice clean website a month ago, but they came up with this. :roll eyes:

http://www.bloomberg.com/

http://www.bloomberg.com/404

Yeah, I'm going to send them some feedback on it. I used to go there or Reuters for quick look at state of the planet. Now I go to Bloomberg and feel like it's just endless clutter and I bail after 15 seconds or less.

A.Goldberg

macrumors 68030
Jan 31, 2015
Boston
CNN is pretty bad- way too much stuff going on.

I haven't explored VW's website too much, but I've never been a fan of Audi's website.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Wow.

A genuine thread where the answer is painfully obvious, but - at the same time - there is so much actual competition for to find an example of a precise expression of same.

Heehee, great idea for a thread.

I'm not from the US so some of the answers posted here don't have quite the same resonance; however, anything cluttered, distracting, and difficult to navigate would come under this heading, which means - unfortunately - an ever increasing number of sites.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.