Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jsimpson

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 30, 2006
I have an iPad Mini Retina and it was on my AT&T account and I had it removed back in November since it was out of contract and wasn't being used much. If I decide to use the data side again (pay as you go option by signing up through Cell Data in settings) how do I get the option? If I go to cell data in settings and tap view account it doesn't give me the option to create an account for pay per month. I have done a restore as new and still no luck. I'm assuming I need a new SIM card but figured I would ask here before dealing with AT&T.
Thanks!

Last edited:

s2mikey

Suspended
Sep 23, 2013
Upstate, NY
Hmmm. I have AT&T on my Air and I am able to select from various renewal options and packages. You might have to call ATT and talk to them. When I view my account or it's time to reup, I always have several options to chose from.

jsimpson

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 30, 2006
Yeah I have had the same on previous iPads but since this one started life as part of my AT&T account using the pooled data plan I can't get that option to show up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.