Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sean006

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 23, 2008
I switched to att from verizon and I'm sorry I ever left Verizon.
I find way more dead spots on att than I ever had on Verizon. Should have never switched.

Going back to Verizon don't care about the etf I'd rather pay it and have better service.

But now I'm thinking 6plus from my 6

I've been to the store 2 times in the past 3 days to compare and just can't pull the trigger on the plus. One minute it's huge makes my 6 look like a toy. Next minute I'm like it's not too bad geez. Issues lol

Gonna have to sell the 6 tho since they don't take trades on it yet

Decisions decisions.

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Dec 28, 2009
Have you considered an iPhone 5? The 6 series is overrated and has terrible performance. With a new iPhone 5 you'll get iOS 6, which is just icing on the cake. :D

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
You should note that you can use your 6 on Verizon (though you will have to start the account with another phone AFAIK). Not sure if that complicates your decision, but it is an option.

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
How long ago did you switch? Verizon may be able to add you back with your same number and account. Just let them know you made a mistake.

Sean006

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 23, 2008
How long ago did you switch? Verizon may be able to add you back with your same number and account. Just let them know you made a mistake.

Have to request them to unlock though correct ?

----------

Yeah launch day. Too late

perezr10

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
Monroe, Louisiana
I believe you could still sell your iphone 6 to someone else who is an AT&T customer. As long as you pay all your fee's to AT&T so that they don't blacklist the phone.

Sean006

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 23, 2008
I wonder how they handle it when u trade it in I mean I did not paty the etf when I traded in my 5s I just got a bill 30 days later.

So I can't sell after I port cause they will lock it till the etf is paid ?

How did apple deal with it when I traded in before paying the etf.

Don't get this theory.

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando
I wonder how they handle it when u trade it in I mean I did not paty the etf when I traded in my 5s I just got a bill 30 days later.

So I can't sell after I port cause they will lock it till the etf is paid ?

How did apple deal with it when I traded in before paying the etf.

Don't get this theory.

I think there might be some confusion of terms here. Right now your phone is locked to ATT. The phone technically can work with Verizon or T-Mobile, but because ATT has it locked to themselves it won't accept a SIM from another carrier.

If you pay off the phone (with NEXT) or cancel and pay the ETF (if it was a subsidized phone) then ATT will unlock it for you and you can use it with another carrier. (There are some reports of ATT unlocking phones even before they have been paid off, but that seems to be hit or miss).

You can sell the phone or trade it in before you pay off the phone or pay the ETF, but the danger here (to the new owner of the phone) is that if you don't ever pay off the phone or pay the ETF then ATT might mark the phone as lost or stolen and then it won't work at all with any carrier (including ATT). This is different than locking the phone, which locks it to a specific carrier.

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando
As far as the 6 vs the 6 plus goes, I bought a 6 on launch day and was pretty happy with it, but I kept looking at the 6 plus whenever I was in a store that sold them trying to decide if I wanted to upgrade. About 2 or 3 weeks after launch day when supplies were still really tight I happened to find stock for a 6 Plus at the apple store and I went ahead and purchased it.

I used the 6 plus for about a week and while I loved the large screen and battery life I decided that the phone was just too big and heavy and returned it and kept my original 6.

I was happy again for another few months, but then I started looking at 6 pluses again remembering the large screen and wondering if I was a bit too premature in my decision to return it. So, about 3 weeks ago I wound up buying another 6 plus. This time the size didn't bother me nearly as much (I think part of it may have been the fact that this time I was coming from the 6 and last time I was still used to the 5S, so it was a much bigger jump). It's still a big and heavy phone and sometimes I wish it was smaller, but I still love the huge screen and the long battery life. I'm past the return period on the 6 plus now and I sold my 6 about a week ago, so I'm going to be sticking with the 6 plus for the long term.

If you buy from apple they have a 14 day return policy with no restocking fee, so I'd suggest getting a 6 plus from apple and using it for two weeks and seeing how it goes. If you don't like it, then return it and buy a 6 (or just don't sell your current 6 until you decide how you feel about the 6 plus).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.