Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Faded1984

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
Does anyone have both of these by any chance? I am currently choosing between the two and can't decide.

Any suggestions?

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
Never tried the Supcasebut I do like the NGP. I have t as my current backup case in black. Can't beat the price on amazon. I am currently using the Magpul Field Case which I like much more. Also inexpensive.

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
Yup NGP is $10 sold and shipped from Amazon... Most Magpuls are out of stock but you can also backorder one from Amazon for $10 depending on color

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
I have an NGP incoming to join my Magpul. Essentially looking for an Apple silicone replacement in the NGP because the silicone gets wear marks from my hand with just a few days of use.

RayLancer

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2010
I like the NGP case except I feel the buttons are not as responsive. I ended up cutting lines parallel to the buttons to help with that.

barrikade

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2015
I like the NGP case except I feel the buttons are not as responsive. I ended up cutting lines parallel to the buttons to help with that.

Can you take pics of the cuts you made?

I too feel like like the NGP case is almost perfect, but the button response is a tad below average. Was thinking about making cut outs for the buttons with an exacto knife....

I really like the feel of the material, matte finish that doesn't show fingerprints. Protection for the bottom of the phone is good too, unlike the Apple cases. I have the blue one and was thinking about getting another one in the clear color but some have mentioned that it yellows over time.

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
I saw a very well done no-name TPU case that a friend got on eBay. It was similar to the Apple case in fit, but with all around edge coverage. Good port cuts. It came from Chine around $2.00 shipped. Seriously! At that price, I'm considering getting it and then periodically order more like a subscription so I can trash the yellowed cases for the new clear ones. I asked him for a link and he couldn't be bothered. He said to search on a gel case.

RayLancer

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2010
Can you take pics of the cuts you made?

I too feel like like the NGP case is almost perfect, but the button response is a tad below average. Was thinking about making cut outs for the buttons with an exacto knife....

Q367tz3.png

Sorry I don't have a picture readily but I did the same thing with this case when I was using a Nexus 4. I made parallel cuts along the buttons. Ignore the left example, that one is a lot more difficult to perform.

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
NGP is on the slippery side as compared to Diztronic. It's the rounded edges of NGP I think. While going for a case that preserves the iPhone 6 plus design, it also preserves some of the slipperiness.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.