Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Quickdo and hideme8 are completely new to me and loving them.

Quickdo= tage and activator and Virtualhome all in one. Seems more responsive than activator too but it's a controversial one it takes open source code from a way earlier activator build and never got permission supposedly. But for being three huge tweaks in One id say it's impressive.

Hideme8 is essentially like spring tomize but seems to be more native with the os. For example hiding labels for icons and turning orientation doesn't temporarily show labels again like spring tomize.

Showcase is heavily underrated, lower case keys. And type status, seeing iMessage typers.

Last edited:

yeeich

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2015
Hey man I have a 6+ too and the same problem since I had iOS 8.1, also I had a lot of tweaks so I tried iCleaner and didn't work so I upgrade to 8.1.2 (I didn't upgrade to 8.1.1 when it was realeased) and then I had the same problem so I started to do a search and a lot of users are experimenting this issue, also users with iPhones non-jailbroken, and it's because a jetsam error or high memory usage due to the RAM, I believe in that because I did a restore and only have Zeppelin, Winterboard, Bytafont, BioProtect, Aria, BootUp, AppSyncUnified, 2px (theme) and CleanUp, as you can see there are only a few tweaks and I still have the issue. So to don't make this a huge post, I'm going to restore and leave my iPhone without jailbreak and prove it for a weak if I notice a respring in the app switcher or randomly in wherever I'm going to Apple to change my iPhone. Good Luck man!

P. S. sorry if I wrote bad something I'm not American hahaha

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR

I think my config has slimmed down! Testing it now fingers crossed It holds up for several days. It's pretty much done or close to it at least for testing purposes for now. I might in an isolated test throw lock glyph in the mix down the road but I think it'll be fine when I do.

Quickdo is impressive. It's tage and activator and Virtualhome all rolled in one. And hideme8 is too, spring tomize and samestatus/ blur remover replacement.

HideMe8 is one of my favorites

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Hey man I have a 6+ too and the same problem since I had iOS 8.1, also I had a lot of tweaks so I tried iCleaner and didn't work so I upgrade to 8.1.2 (I didn't upgrade to 8.1.1 when it was realeased) and then I had the same problem so I started to do a search and a lot of users are experimenting this issue, also users with iPhones non-jailbroken, and it's because a jetsam error or high memory usage due to the RAM, I believe in that because I did a restore and only have Zeppelin, Winterboard, Bytafont, BioProtect, Aria, BootUp, AppSyncUnified, 2px (theme) and CleanUp, as you can see there are only a few tweaks and I still have the issue. So to don't make this a huge post, I'm going to restore and leave my iPhone without jailbreak and prove it for a weak if I notice a respring in the app switcher or randomly in wherever I'm going to Apple to change my iPhone. Good Luck man!

P. S. sorry if I wrote bad something I'm not American hahaha

I see. thanks. It's possible it is an issue with iOS 8/6+ combo or something or just iOS 8 bugginess, because I remember iPhone5 restringing when you slide to camera from lock screen sometimes but not always. Turned out to be software and nipped in the bud by 6.1, I think I even swapped the hardware and it did the same thing. Keep me posted though if it does it with clean install.

If nothing else, I like having a slimmed down configuration. It seems to be smoother. No way in heck I'm playing swap game with Apple, my equipments fine :D

Did this happen to you before 8.1 onward? Also mine happened once a week or so but recently every day or two so thats why I decided to start my Substrate collection again

----------

HideMe8 is one of my favorites

So good!! i was shocked by its simplicity in removing things not needed.

Last edited:

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
So after 6 days of tidying up got one respring just now.

Oh well seems a lot faster and more stable in general. I guess one can't expect perfection from IOS 8 in its current phase

mankar4

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2007
USA
Good to rule that one out, thanks!

I actually had this issue with lockglyph, I think (not sure) because I was using it with Forecast. Uninstalled lockglyph and haven't had any issues since. Worth a try if it was one of your first instincts.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
I actually had this issue with lockglyph, I think (not sure) because I was using it with Forecast. Uninstalled lockglyph and haven't had any issues since. Worth a try if it was one of your first instincts.

I was without lock glyph for 6 days when respring happened.

But without subtle lock and my old config of so much stuff installed it's not doing it every day anymore.

Not that worried about it anymore although of course I wish it didn't do it at all

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.