Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

khha4113

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2013
President Day Promo

Dell has discounted its new XPS 11 2in1 laptop for President Day promotion. It's now $599 (from $1279) and free 7" android Venue 7 3000 tablet.
. Haswell i5-4210Y processor (3M Cache, up to 1.9 GHz)
. Windows 8.1 64bit
. 4GB DDR3L-RS 1600Mhz
. 128GB Solid State Drive
. Intel® HD Graphics 4200
. 11.6 inch UltraSharp™ LED Backlit Touch Display with Truelife and QHD resolution (2560 X 1440)
. Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 + Bluetooth 4.0
. 40 WHr, 4-Cell Battery

From Ars Technica

Last edited:

iBlazed

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 27, 2014
New Jersey, United States
The Best Buy Unbranded tablet with keyboard that I currently have is marked down to $199 online. I bought it for $209, not much more, but this is still a pretty good deal for a 2-in-1 with 2GB ram and 32GB storage.

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
That's a good deal.

I recently got myself an Asus Transformer Book T100 for $229 at Best Buy. It was a one day sale. It went back up to $300.

My only issues with it is it can't recognize my Android at MTP but easily with the Nokia. And it wouldn't recognize during Bluetooth either. I tried searching for the solution but stopped caring. My Xiaomi does all the downloading videos so I need to Bluetooth it to the Nokia phone and then transfer it to the tablet. I tried AirDroid but the problem is I don't always have Wi-Fi back home and I am leaving SoCal this week. And the Xiaomi Phone Manager won't work either because I am using a custom ROM and not MIUI anymore. If only this Mi 3 had a micro-sd slot like the Windows devices.

So Android MTP being recognized on Windows 8.1 can be a hassle. I just got to live with downloading off not too many videos on TubeMate and Bluetooth it to Nokia Windows Phone 8.1 to transfer to Asus tablet to transfer to the Toshiba SDD.

I really like the battery life so far from this tablet 2-in-1. I opened it up two days ago and haven't charged it yet. But I got it nearly a week ago and just been busy moving my parents' stuff. And watching Netflix or any 720p music video looks really nice. That's my main purpose with it. Media consumption. I was thinking of Samsung Chromebook 2 with the Intel but lesser battery hours and I think Windows has more apps for offline use. Chrome OS is still raw right now. I also really like the swipe gestures on 8.1 like swiping on the left side to go back or move to the next app and swiping from the top then down to close apps.

Google Android + Windows 8.1 is quite livable together. Good prices and complementary to each other with more open standards like Bluetooth transfer and sd slot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.