Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcmikey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 21, 2009
Hi all,
Now I've gt my Plus up and running again with a new logic board I have been messing around and got it booting from a SCSI Zip drive instead of the 40MB HD. The 27 year old system and demo disks still boot fine as well :)
What I would really like to do is boot from silicon - SD or USB stick. It is probably impossible but has anyone attempted this?

Cheers,
Mike

keysersoze

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
NH
Amazing! You've gotta love the internet!

FloppyEmu is fantastic. I've got one and switch between Floppy and HD20 mode. I stuffed all of my old files on it, and easily put stuff on it from my MBP via the SD card. Get one! :D

mcmikey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 21, 2009
I'm going to order one in a week or so. My internal floppy drive is playing up and I was going to swap the mechanism with the external, but I might try fitting this inside instead. Won't know till I see it in the flesh of course!

Cancelled
Dec 10, 2009
I'm just here to second the Floppy Emu. It's an amazing piece of kit! It's made my life so much easier - don't need a million floppies lying around anymore, cool though they may be.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.