Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Fleksy yesterday announced an update to its popular, and record-breaking, third-party iOS keyboard that brings along a slew of new customizable Extensions and Themes, including a few that tie in with the upcoming Valentine's Day holiday this weekend.

The specific Valentine's Day theme will be free to all Fleksy users on February 14, and Fleksy is also introducing a "Heartpops" extension that animates a colorful heart with every keypress.

fleksy_valentine.jpg
In the 5.2 update, the company is also making a few broader additions to expand the Fleksy experience. The most notable additions include a new "Energy Theme Pack" with three brand new themes, a Hotkey Extension that allows users to customize a row of seven keys with their own desired emojis, custom phrases or email addresses, and of course general bug fixes and performance improvements.
FEATURING

- The Energy Theme Pack! Breathe more life into your keyboard with these animated themes.
- The Hotkey Extension! Add a row of customizable keys for things you type often like emojis, symbols or email addresses.
- Heart Pops! Make your keys pop with hearts with this lovely Extension.
- Magic Button! Replace the globe with emoji, a comma, or a dismiss keyboard button in settings. Also, long-press the globe button for more options.
- Case-sensitive layout. Enable this feature in Settings.
- iCloud Sync. Now your dictionary words will sync automatically across your devices.
- More keys have been added to landscape orientation on iPhone (portrait for iPad). You can disable this layout in Settings.
Following the launch of iOS 8 last September and its system-wide support of alternative keyboards, a handful of third-party keyboard apps rocketed to the top of the App Store charts. Fleksy has remained one of the more popular options, with the latest December update bringing a big overhaul to customization options and the introduction of Extensions into the experience.

Fleksy Keyboard can be downloaded from the App Store for $0.99. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Fleksy Keyboard Adds New Themes, Extensions, and Valentine's Day Content

Cancelled
Dec 10, 2009
I'm so done with Fleksy, it's not even funny. I feel like I was robbed, and while I value MacRumors, I feel that they promote this product too heavily.

Jonathan413

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2015
I have to admit that when I first used this keyboard I thought it was garbage but that was months ago.. Read this article and figured I had to give it a try again and to my surprise it is much faster and the added functionality of the numbers row and spacebar cursor are excellent.. I love the simple letter press animation also.. Not to mention the new update so far has a complete 5 star rating.. Made a profile just to comment so that says a lot lol

Reason077

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2007
I'm so done with Fleksy, it's not even funny. I feel like I was robbed, and while I value MacRumors, I feel that they promote this product too heavily.

I thought up a new name for these posts: Adverticles.

But I agree, MacRumors does this too much. I wish they would just be honest and mark them as sponsored content.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I thought up a new name for these posts: Adverticles.

But I agree, MacRumors does this too much. I wish they would just be honest and mark them as sponsored content.
Not sure if that's really the case with keyboards and various other prominent apps, as they do that for pretty much all of the main/popular keyboards and apps.

IHelpId10t5

macrumors 6502
Nov 28, 2014
How wonderful. Yet another potential keylogger installed purposefully by uninformed iOS users ... but it's soooo cute!

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
How wonderful. Yet another potential keylogger installed purposefully by uninformed iOS users ... but it's soooo cute!

I've been using it since it came out in 2013 both on Android and iOS. If this company was doing something bad, we'd know by now. It's not like developers weren't including their SDK within their apps before Apple introduced the ability for developers to submit them to the store.

kuwxman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2009
Kansas City
This keyboard can be case sensitive and show the number row. Those two things alone make it the best keyboard for iOS at the moment.

Then add on the jailbreak tweak 'Fleksy Enabler' to allow the keyboard system wide and you have a true winner with no competition.

Reason077

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2007
Then add on the jailbreak tweak 'Fleksy Enabler' to allow the keyboard system wide and you have a true winner with no competition.

Huh? Surely 'Fleksy Enabler' is no longer needed since iOS 8 came out?

attila

macrumors 6502a
Flemish is... Interesting. Can't decide if it's worth my time. Definitely doesn't looo like a$$ like the ios7 keyboard, definitely spaces characters out better, but can't say if the predictive type helped me.

What definitely didn't help was the bug iOS8 concerning 3rd party keyboards, so I stopped using Fleksy...

MHenr

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2008
Flemish is... Interesting. Can't decide if it's worth my time. Definitely doesn't looo like a$$ like the ios7 keyboard, definitely spaces characters out better, but can't say if the predictive type helped me.

What definitely didn't help was the bug iOS8 concerning 3rd party keyboards, so I stopped using Fleksy...

The predictive type sure isn't helping you, quite nicely demonstrated ;-)
But what do you mean about the 3rd party keyboard bug? I've been using SwiftKey for a few months and haven't noticed any problems.
As long as Apple doesn't do Dutch predictive type, it's my best option.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.