Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Is the Adobe Extension Manager CS6 an application that is included with all the packages or only with Design and Web Premium?

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
Is the Adobe Extension Manager CS6 an application that is included with all the packages or only with Design and Web Premium?

Included with all of the CS packages. Any of Adobe's programs than can add extensions would need this app to help manage them. As you can see from my screenshot, many of Adobe's programs permit extensions.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-23 at 8.33.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-23 at 8.33.43 PM.png
    86.2 KB · Views: 172

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
What exactly are extensions for?

An extension is an add-on to your program. Let me give you an example. All of AlienSkin Software's programs can be used as an extension in Photoshop. Meaning they can be opened in Photoshop as if they were actually part of PS.

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
So I will be able to use any products form an Extension ? Actually I'm little bit confused about it.

No, not just any program. A program must be specifically designed as an extension to work with Adobe programs. The developer will specify if their program can be used as an extension to work with Adobe. AlienSkin Software Photo Bundle is a program that can be used as a extension to:

• Adobe Photoshop CS6 or newer
  • Adobe Lightroom 5 or newer
  • Apple Aperture 3 or later.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.