Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Howard Brazee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 24, 2006
Lafayette CO
Only some of my contacts from my Mac are on my phone. My notes are not on my phone.

When I go to System Preferences then iCloud, I see my account (howardbrazee@icloud.com) has everything checked. When I click on Manage Family, I see my wife, my iTunes account, and my iCloud account.

When I look at my Contacts preference, I see my both my wife's and my iCloud account enabled, with mine as primary, and everything checked except her mail.

When I click on my iPhone within iTunes, and look at "Info", it says my contacts and calendars are being synced with my iPhone over the air from iCloud".

When I look at iCloud in Finder, I don't see any files - I used to use my wife's iCloud (so I could update contacts for her), but I don't see files he has there - even though I shared some folders from her computer with me.

When I look at settings on my phone, I see that my iCloud setting is my iCloud account, with everything turned on - except "Keychain" is "Pending". "Notes" is turned on, but are empty, while "Notes" on my Mac are populated with the same notes that are on my wife's computer.

Both my phone and my Mac have the same messages using my iCloud account.

I have rebooted my Mac and my iPhone several times.

My iPad still is connected to my wife's iCloud and sees the notes and full contacts file. iTunes shows it synchronizing "All contacts" and "All calendars" And there are *lots* of greyed out selected calendars.

I don't know how to get the rest of my contacts from my Mac to my iPhone. I don't know how to get notes from my Mac to my iPhone. And I don't know how to access the files on my wife's iCloud drive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.