Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

satchmo

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 6, 2008
Canada
I've always been partial to slimmer cases that hardly add any bulk to the phone. Even Apple's silicone and leather ones seem too thick. And of course it's pretty pricey as well.

Granted, they don't offer a whole lot of protection. I also look for cases that have some kind of rubbery or soft touch feel that adds grippiness.

Here are a few that others who may be looking for similar type solutions. I'm leaning towards the Empire Klix as I had good success with an iPhone 4s case in the past. However, Incipio products are also quite well regarded.

Empire Klix

Noot

Incipio Feather

sdilley14

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2007
Mesa, AZ
The Empire looks exactly like the Noot, only more expensive.

I just ordered the Noot yesterday (along with the Rock 0.8MM TPU and Spigen Aluminum). I'll post up a review on each after they arrive.

I'm in the same boat - I like something that is very thin, offers some grip, and provides scratch protection. That's why I got both the Noot and the ROCK. I don't typically like clear cases, but the ROCK case has gotten a lot of positive feedback on here and some of the user pictures have looked nice.

Then I went with the Spigen Aluminum case to offer a little more drop protection for when I'm out drinking and whatnot, lol.

iThingsGurl

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2014
Canada
How about Caudabe's The Veil? Its 0.35 mm:

W8_test_1024x1024.jpg B3_1024x1024.jpg

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
Inexpensive slim but grippy cases...

It doesn't cover the top or bottom, but is minimal, not flimsy, and super GRIPPY with a sand type texture - the Bear Motion SAND case. Comes in several colors, I got black. $9. 49 positive reviews at bear motion /amazon website.
I stopped shopping once I got this and I tried all the slim Shumuri/ebay type cases and clear flexible shells.

yui4

macrumors 65816
May 26, 2011
Are there any cases like the caudabe veil that cover the buttons whilst remaining really thin?

Meltdownblitz

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2010
Inexpensive slim but grippy cases

I have tried many cases and recently tried the Anker clear TPU case from Amazon and I've been loving mine for the last month or so.

For me when it comes to cases, I pretty much in the past have just been using a skin on my phone. With the iphone 6 I decided I wanted something similar to just a skin but didn't want to use a skin because it interferes when I do want to use cases. For example when i go out some nights I like to use somewhat of a bulky case as we all know how clumsy we get when we drink. Also like to use a waterproof case when I go to the lake or snowboarding, with a skin most cases don't fit like they should. With a thin TPU case I seem to get the feel like using a skin but also easily comes off for when I need to use a case.

Also big for me was for it able to dock on my iHome without having to take my case off every night and also to be able to use with many other accessories that I like to use. For $10 for 2 cases and Anker's 18 month warranty, it's worth the money IMO.

tops2

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2014
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.