Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

luckieduckie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2015
I have 2 iPhones - one personal, one work. I cannot consolidate into one due to multiple reasons. Anyone recommend a method or app that will allow me to aggregate my text messaging to one phone? Thanks

Jeff R

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2014
Google Voice should work. Although, you will need Google Hangouts to receive MMS messages. I use Google Voice for calls & SMS (text only).

luckieduckie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2015
Thanks for reply! But I thought text forwarding was for iOS 8.1 to forward to iPads/Macs only with yosemite? I'll look around further though for forwarding from one iPhone to another.

Thanks!

----------

Thanks jeff r - i was looking at that this morning - I use Hangouts for work - and am trying to evaluate the functionality of Voice and Hangouts to achieve use of one phone versus 2 - thanks!

UPBaylor

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2014
I was wondering the same thing. I'm about to change out my SIM for a vacation and wanted to set my current number to forward to the new one while I'm out of the country (just Canada). I seem to be able to set this up for voice calls, but not texts. (or, at least I don't know how)

cruisin

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2014
Canada
As long as you are signed into the same iCloud account and use the default iMessage, your messages will be synchronized across devices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.