Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stanw

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
I've been a Note 3 and Note 4 user since leaving my iPhone 4S behind. I just got a new iPad Air2 and surprisingly, I really like it, though I am noticing that when I get text messages from an iPhone user, they now go to iMessages on my Mac and iPad and sometimes they are somehow emailed to me from his phone number. Not sure why sometimes they were emailed to me? Anyone have any idea of what might be going on and how I can fix it?

Thanks.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I've been a Note 3 and Note 4 user since leaving my iPhone 4S behind. I just got a new iPad Air2 and surprisingly, I really like it, though I am noticing that when I get text messages from an iPhone user, they now go to iMessages on my Mac and iPad and sometimes they are somehow emailed to me from his phone number. Not sure why sometimes they were emailed to me? Anyone have any idea of what might be going on and how I can fix it?

Thanks.

turn off imessage on your ipad/mac. People with iphones are sending an imessage to your email instead of your phone number.

You cannot successfully leave imessage on with an android phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.