Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DoctorEgypt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2015
Egypt
I just got an Otterbox defender series for iPad air 2 , i love it. It's really a nice protective case.
I have been using it for two weeks now and I found the following :
1- back cam need to get a bumper cover for more protection when not using it. Well the griffin survivor case does have that.
2- speakers need to get covered with a layer of cloth just like the survivor.
3- 2 mics need to be covered with a protective cloth layer just like the griffin survivor case.
4- hard to fit a huge lighting cable.
5- when u plug the headphone jack the bumber presses against it and I think that might cause problems later on.
6- hard to unplug headphone jack since the whole jack in inside through the case.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 414

ctg7w6

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2014
this apple logo cut out is so tacky though

I had one for my old iPad 2 before I upgraded to the Air 2. The Apple logo cutout was actually one of the things I really liked about it.

Not because others could see I was using an iPad... But so that I could see I was using one. I love the way iPads look, I really like the Apple logo, but I am also super paranoid I will drop my iOS device, so until this gen, I've always bought huge cases that basically completely hide the wonderful design of the device.

saltd

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
Otterbox makes a fine product for sure. I always pull out the screen protector though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.