Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ARSkemp

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2011
Here's a couple pics of the Magpul Field on my 6 Plus:

sgCTGdT.jpg

r2foeGj.jpg

I'm mostly happy with the case. It is my extra case when I need something more durable than my primary case which I have already posted pictures of (Ringke SLIM). Buttons are definitely the best in terms of feel for any case I have tried. My only issue with it is bulk. It's not huge but I can definitely feel a substantial difference both in my hand and in my pocket over the Ringke. I also wish it was a bit more rounded to maintain the same shape as the 6 Plus.

boltjames

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 2, 2010
549148bd6063e.jpg

I've got about 10 iPhone 6 cases and the one I've settled in on is the Spigen Capsule in black. It's also the cheapest at $12

It's the same dimensions as the Apple leather case, but has a complete bottom and terrific grip. I intended this to be my cold weather case (skiing) and my vacation case (sunscreen) but I really like more than I thought I would.

BJ

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013
Magpul Field Case Clear 6+

I love the finish, grip, amazing clicky buttons and substantial feel of this case.

imagejpg1_zpsb8deef07.jpg
imagejpg2_zpsbb2f7973.jpg

imagejpg4_zpsde393e54.jpg

imagejpg7_zps35d9c077.jpg

Last edited:

mark5019

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2013
atlanta ga
Here's a couple pics of the Magpul Field on my 6 Plus:

I'm mostly happy with the case. It is my extra case when I need something more durable than my primary case which I have already posted pictures of (Ringke SLIM). Buttons are definitely the best in terms of feel for any case I have tried. My only issue with it is bulk. It's not huge but I can definitely feel a substantial difference both in my hand and in my pocket over the Ringke. I also wish it was a bit more rounded to maintain the same shape as the 6 Plus.

I like my magpie case find it perfect

tinaberezino

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2014
carbon fiber :)

KQcase carbon fiber iphone 6 case

TSVMRfR.jpg

iLlFMZ5.jpg

Bi16lLq.jpg

Very nicely designed case. Covers all corners and protects the camera lens when placed on its back as the case is just thick enough.

Cons: The case is too thin to protect the phone from large drops..if you are prone to dropping your phone..you'd be better served by a lifeproof nuud. The KQcase is good at protecting the back and sides of the phone from regular scratches, like those you would get from daily use.

Rather minimalist design, the photos make the case pattern look uneven (maybe due to lighting) but in reality it looks much more uniform and better.

http://www.carbonfibrecases.com.au/products/kq-carbon-fiber-iphone6

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA
Got my Griffin Survivor in the mail for my 6.

Good case, doesn't make the phone as bulky as I thought. Looks worse than it is.

Protection seems good! Although the ports dont seem to seal as tight as I would like (its not fully waterproof). Call quality is perfect, speaker quality sounds great for a water resistant case. One thing I don't like, the outer silicone shell seems to be a bit of a lint magnet. Again protection seems superb, I guess this case passed tests in rainstorms/sandstorms/snowstorms and can survive falls to almost 7 feel high, I know its extreme but I live in SoCal and go hiking/kayaking/to the beach a lot and I like knowing my phone is good. I'm certain most prefer a case as thin and revealing as possible but I'm quite the opposite as you can see.

4.5/5 so far. Sorry for the crap photos, took them with my N7.

Best part about the case is it cost me $20, retails for $50.

Attachments

• IMG_20150306_103757.jpg
    IMG_20150306_103757.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 209
  • IMG_20150306_103902.jpg
    IMG_20150306_103902.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 197
  • IMG_20150306_103920.jpg
    IMG_20150306_103920.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 192
  • IMG_20150306_111533.jpg
    IMG_20150306_111533.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 191
Last edited:

TOMIMOT

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2011
Canada
not sure if this counts as a case but i have my 6 in a metal bumper. Not really a bumper for protection just for "looks" i guess. I also have ghost armor on both sides for scratches

Attachments

• IMG_2899.jpg
    IMG_2899.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 430
  • IMG_2900.jpg
    IMG_2900.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 398

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013
I'm currently sporting a white/black CandyShell Grip. I'm digging it. :cool:

image.jpg2_zps0b8ulxex.jpg
image.jpg1_zpsvexjzuda.jpg

brianbunge

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2011
Kennesaw, GA
Still using my Spigen Neo Hybrid since buying the phone.
Saved it from a 4ft drop onto tile. Not much damage to the case, as you can see in the close-up picture.

Only downside to the case is dust tends to gather where the curved screen meets the case. But it doesn't bother me at all.
It's the updated version, so button click and response is great! No need for the sticker thingies.

Have a Fuz Design Felt Case in the mail ... hope it gets here soon :)

What screen protector is this and how do you like it?

kgenova

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2013
Looks awesome!! How do you like it compared to other wallet cases?

Susan,

I have the Kavaj Dallas and it's great. Very beautifully made, slim, and lovely leather. A little light on the card storage side, however, due to the design.
Compared to two other leather wallet cases I have--the Doc Artisan Sport Combo Wallet and the Hex Icon Wallet, it seems more delicately made and it definitely holds less. However, it is thinner and lighter, so it all depends upon what you are looking for.

Kristin

sneak3

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2011
Enjoying my Ringke Slim quite a bit (I have the 6 Plus). Got it when it was on sale on amazon for $5 but would have easily paid the $10 they were asking for.

Also using a Tech Armor Ballistic Glass screen protector. With it on I still have a slight lip which is exactly what I wanted.

Wish I could take better photos but all I have is my old iPhone 5. The picitures definitely do not do it justice.

I have a Magpul Field case (I'll eventually take pictures) when I need something more rugged but I use the Ringke Slim in normal day to day activities since it feels so much slimmer in my hand.

Are you sure there's still a lip with that setup? If there is, I imagine it would be way less than the recommended 1mm, something like 0.5.

I've heard from people with the same accessories that they there's virtually no lip.

ARSkemp

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2011
Are you sure there's still a lip with that setup? If there is, I imagine it would be way less than the recommended 1mm, something like 0.5.

I've heard from people with the same accessories that they there's virtually no lip.

There was still a slight lip. I don't know exactly by how much. I am not using that screen protector anymore though. Since I wanted a full front screen protector I am now using the .20 mm Benks Full Front Screen Protector:

4BcHEBg.jpg

wBLqRTX.jpg

Loving this setup much more than the previous one. I still have a small lip with this screen protector as well (not sure if it is visible in the photos).

MHenr

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2008
KQcase carbon fiber iphone 6 case

Very nicely designed case. Covers all corners and protects the camera lens when placed on its back as the case is just thick enough.

Cons: The case is too thin to protect the phone from large drops..if you are prone to dropping your phone..you'd be better served by a lifeproof nuud. The KQcase is good at protecting the back and sides of the phone from regular scratches, like those you would get from daily use.

Rather minimalist design, the photos make the case pattern look uneven (maybe due to lighting) but in reality it looks much more uniform and better.

http://www.carbonfibrecases.com.au/products/kq-carbon-fiber-iphone6

Have you noticed any effect on signal quality?
Real CF is somewhat of a signal shielding material.

----------

What screen protector is this and how do you like it?

I believe it was a MIME feather glass.
I liked it, but as with a lot of these protectors, after a while the edge started lifting slightly due to collected dust etc.

I'm not using one right now.
I prefer the feel and sensitivity of the naked screen.

tinaberezino

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2014
Have you noticed any effect on signal quality?
Real CF is somewhat of a signal shielding material.

On one occasion where I had no signal, taking off the case didn't boost my signal leading me to believe that the effect is very small. The case will move my signal from 5 bars to 4 bars. If you have borderline dreadful signal this case is not for you (0-1 bars) If you live in a major metropolitan city you won't notice any impact on signal quality. If you already have a decent strength signal (2+ bars) you probably won't have any issues.

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA
Got my lifeproof Fré today, brand new and unopened for $44, not bad! Ordered a few skins for it. Put the "steel" on. Loved the Fré on my 5S glad to have it again.

Attachments

• IMG_20150316_223511.jpg
    IMG_20150316_223511.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 136
  • IMG_20150316_225613.jpg
    IMG_20150316_225613.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 143
Last edited:

rusil

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2012
Right now I switched to this RMB case for the New Year with a luckyskins apple logo in matte black. It's a 2 piece case with TPU + PC bumper. The TPU is matte slate and the PC bumper is in metallic gold. Pretty nice case similar to the Spigen Neo Hybrid but much thinner.

can anyone please give me link where can I buy this case ?

thanks! :)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.