Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MSFT

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 14, 2013
I just downloaded Airmail and I love it! However, I do have the 128GB Air and do NOT want to waste space with emails stored locally.

Is there a way to tell Airmail to save absolutely nothing on my local drive? I.e., I want it to work like how webmail does, where you grab everything off the web and cannot access your email when not connected to the internet.

Thanks!

MSFT

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 14, 2013
Nevermind, I've got it!

For those who are looking to do the same:

Under Preferences for each email account you have, hit the "More" tab. Uncheck the two "server sync" choices.

18c8s0.png

MSFT

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 14, 2013
I have two Gmail accounts, and Mail didn't work well with them.

I splurged for Airmail ( :rolleyes: ) and it's much better, but I am not wild about it. It almost has too many features and nothing is labeled. I still struggle to remember which symbol means "reply" and which means "reply all," for example. Simplicity works for me....

Best way to find out is to spend the 2 bucks and try it for yourself.

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
Wow, thank you so much. I had been searching for a while now trying to figure out how to do this, and Airmail's support is useless as it is community based and the community is small.

I finally have some breathing room on my SSD :D

And to the poster asking about why Airmail - precisely for this reason. When using Mail there is no option to use it as a web client - it has to download and index every single email which for me resulted in a nearly 20GB archive between my 4 email accounts. Airmail only kept 5GB, but now it is less than 200MB for some metadata.

Thunderboltedge

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2014
Milan
What I hate about MAIL is that any attachment is in the body of the message instead the normal way, that really annoys me.
It would be good except this, but this is a very remarkable issue for me.

Still looking for a good mail service in the OS universe....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.