Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
I have 2 micro cloths. One I damp then wipe my iPhone. Then I use the dry micro is buff it up.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
No chemicals or solvents required. Just a microfiber cloth and moisture from your breath, if required. If you eat while using your phone you might want to "slightly" dampen the corner of your cloth.

I also like to take my case off very few weeks or so to remove any accumulated grit that can act as an abrasive if caught between your phone and case. It can and will actually "scuff" the finish.

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
No chemicals or solvents required. Just a microfiber cloth and moisture from your breath, if required. If you eat while using your phone you might want to "slightly" dampen the corner of your cloth.

I also like to take my case off very few weeks or so to remove any accumulated grit that can act as an abrasive if caught between your phone and case. It can and will actually "scuff" the finish.
What is the best brand

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
What is the best brand

You can buy them on Amazon in bulk. I think I got like 50 towels that were 18" X 18" for like $20. They might cost more but you can get them at auto parts stores also. They will not scratch anything. They are washable and can be reused over and over. The better half uses them as napkins at dinner parties.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.