Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

3rdiguy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
So I was looking around and saw this battery case was announced. I know Mophie offers 60% more battery but for $10 more I could have 120% more. I'm looking at this from a value standpoint as it offers all of the same functionality that Mophie offers in a slim package with higher capacity battery.
http://www.phonesuit.com/iphone-6-plus-battery-case-phonesuit-elite-6-pro

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 429

jackwins

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2008
I like this one. I did preorder the Mophie, but I do want to see what this one will look like.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
my goodness I could not imagine adding more length to an already massive iphone 6+ :(

But I guess when you need more juice you need more juice

Last edited:
Reactions: rhysmorgan

MC355

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
Yeah can't decide between the Mophie or PhoneSuit. I like how you can choose between two battery sizes with the PhoneSuit. And loving the metallic blue option.

Appears both are about to be released around the same time.

awtryau89

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2010
I had the Phonesuit for the 5. There were many things that it killed the Mophie on but I ultimately went back. First, the battery was just as good. Second, the headphone slot didn't need an adapter for just about any headphones. Third it allowed syncing through the mini usb. The one thing that threw me was the shape though. It was too blocky and just didn't feel nearly as good in the hand. I already owned the Mophie and purchased the Phonesuit on a 30 day trial so I wasn't out anything but it was a good case and I would have kept it if I didn't already have a Mophie.

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
I got a Mophie standalone battery last Christmas 2013. It's extra juice when needed, so it stows in a bag. It is not a product that is perpetually attached to the phone, adding weight, bulk and dimension to daily phone use. If you get low, you connect the battery for an inoculation of power. I had actual use for it rarely, but it felt good that it was available, just in case. I also carry a spare wire for AC power so as to keep the battery on hand for when there is no other alternative.

davistld01

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2008
Springfield, MO
What you're buying from Mophie above all else is their customer service. If for some reason the case fails...who in China exactly are you gonna call? I've had Mophie replace a unit I used with my "5" a couple years ago with only a phone call.

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
I had the Phonesuit for the 5. There were many things that it killed the Mophie on but I ultimately went back. First, the battery was just as good. Second, the headphone slot didn't need an adapter for just about any headphones. Third it allowed syncing through the mini usb. The one thing that threw me was the shape though. It was too blocky and just didn't feel nearly as good in the hand. I already owned the Mophie and purchased the Phonesuit on a 30 day trial so I wasn't out anything but it was a good case and I would have kept it if I didn't already have a Mophie.

This thread is about the iPhone 6 plus models.

1. Mophie $99 for 2600 mAh case
Phonesuit $89 for 3000 mAh or $109 for 4200 mAh

2. Not sure how either the Mophie or Phonesuit will work with headphones as they haven't been released yet.

3. You can sync via USB on both.

I'm leaning towards the Phonesuit as of now, waiting for both cases to actually release and for reviews to come out.

What you're buying from Mophie above all else is their customer service. If for some reason the case fails...who in China exactly are you gonna call? I've had Mophie replace a unit I used with my "5" a couple years ago with only a phone call.

Phonesuit is based in California, same as Mophie. Not sure what you're trying to argue here.

PhoneSuit Inc. 1223 Wilshire Blvd. #425 Santa Monica, CA 90403 USA

MC355

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
This thread is about the iPhone 6 plus models.

1. Mophie $99 for 2600 mAh case
Phonesuit $89 for 3000 mAh or $109 for 4200 mAh

2. Not sure how either the Mophie or Phonesuit will work with headphones as they haven't been released

PhoneSuit Inc. 1223 Wilshire Blvd. #425 Santa Monica, CA 90403 USA

Or the I-blason for iPhone 6 plus. $79.95 shipped for 4700mAH case. Cheaper than Mophie and PhoneSuit, plus bigger battery storage and has one year warranty. Quality is very good IMO too

acfb448280f44f4a38cc78ec653d8102.jpg

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
Or the I-blason for iPhone 6 plus. $79.95 shipped for 4700mAH case. Cheaper than Mophie and PhoneSuit, plus bigger battery storage and has one year warranty. Quality is very good IMO too

I looked at that one as well. I couldn't find any video reviews on it so I passed. It does have decent reviews on Amazon.

How do you like yours? Have any photos with it on your phone? Trying to judge how much bulk it adds.

MC355

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
I looked at that one as well. I couldn't find any video reviews on it so I passed. It does have decent reviews on Amazon.

How do you like yours? Have any photos with it on your phone? Trying to judge how much bulk it adds.

I really like it a lot. At first I thought it be too heavy and back was too slick but I've gotten used to the weight where I don't even notice it anymore. I've used the Zerolemon before on the note 3 and that was heavy as hell. This one isn't. And the back and sides are not as slippery with more use.

I now get at least two full days of moderate to heavy use with it now, is say closer to 2.5 days before having to charge. Before, I barely get one day before charging if that!

the pics below are taken with my sons old iPad so excuse the poor quality

920924d3fcf4f9e4eadace09fd63ddee.jpg

95f60d36c8c5010983e7ef0f2b1113d0.jpg

31639515ba96f743211fb02820d832fd.jpg

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014
After trying a couple of cheaper off-brand battery cases and returning both, I finally decided to get a metallic blue Phonesuit for my iPhone 6. Has anyone who ordered a Phonesuit gotten a shipping notification? Their website hasn't been updated in a few weeks and still displays a 4 week shipping estimate. They mentioned on their Facebook page that shipping will begin during the second week of February. Just curious if anyone's order has shipped.

MC355

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
Well I actually returned my I-blason to Amazon and bought the mophie for the iPhone 6 plus. And much better. Better build quality and feels much better and less bulk

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014
I canceled my PhoneSuit preorder and got a Mophie Juice Pack Air (iPhone 6) at my local Best Buy. PhoneSuit's shipping timeframes keep getting pushed back, so I opted not to wait. I'm very happy with the Mophie, as the build quality is top-notch and it's not too bulky.

kkay5

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2014
Well I actually returned my I-blason to Amazon and bought the mophie for the iPhone 6 plus. And much better. Better build quality and feels much better and less bulk

Do you feel like the Mophie gives you enough battery life for the 6 plus? I still haven't returned my I-blason because of the bigger battery. I run down the I-Blason by the end of the day a few times a week.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.