Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

For Picture Archiving Do you put your pictures on a

• CD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DVD

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Blu-Ray

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • USB Thumbdrive

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Hard Drive

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • Other- Will leave comment.

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

waloshin

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
Ask yourself, what will your customers use most. You have to dumb it down for them. I would archive it to as many formats as possible.

That is true.

Dvd, Blu-Ray, USB thumb drive, cloud such as google drive. Am I missing any?

waloshin

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
If I were to restore old photos and reprint these photos would I need a photographers release?

waloshin

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
You'll have to frame your question with more precision.

If I were to scan peoples photographs from their photo albums, restore colour, repair scratches then reprint these photos. Will I need permission from the original photographer either it be one of the clients family members or a studio?

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
If I were to scan peoples photographs from their photo albums, restore colour, repair scratches then reprint these photos. Will I need permission from the original photographer either it be one of the clients family members or a studio?
I would hope you get their permission before you start messing with their photos.

Ok honest question, why are you not asking these questions before you start a business? If your idea is to retouch photos you better get these details down first before you start making money.

waloshin

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
I would hope you get their permission before you start messing with their photos.

Ok honest question, why are you not asking these questions before you start a business? If your idea is to retouch photos you better get these details down first before you start making money.

Of course there would be permission and paper work before editing photos.

Thats what I am here for.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Of course there would be permission and paper work before editing photos.

Thats what I am here for.
You seem to be in over your head before you even start. I would suggest getting your ducks in a row before even starting this business.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
"I got two words for you sugar- Zip Disk!"

I'll give a reward to the first person who can tell me where that quote is from without cheating.

It's one of my favorites :D

"I'm sorry that good-looking people like us made you throw up and feel bad about yourself."

And just to add a physical prop to my post :D

Attachments

• IMG_6908.JPG
    IMG_6908.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 65
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.