Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scrumper

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 10, 2010
Great Britain
This may have been asked before but I'm fairly new here and couldn't find it in a search so please excuse me.

I want to buy Photoshop Elements 13 for my Mac but the Mac App Store still only has #12 (and lots of bad reviews about not being compatible with Retina Macs). Does anyone know when #13 will be available on the Mac App store and will it be the full version...or should I just get it from Amazon or suchlike? Thanks. :)

mic j

macrumors 68030
Mar 15, 2012
If you are not looking for a photo editor, not organizer, you might want to look at Affinity Photo (now in beta and can be downloaded to try) or Pixelmator. Both of those are going to pair well with Apple Photo's (which provides organization and some basic editing). Pixelmator, is cheaper and I am pretty sure, Affinity Photo will be cheaper to, but that's yet to be determined.

I've been impressed with Affinity Photo's capabilities, but in beta phase they are still adding functionality and working out bugs.

Janichsan

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2006
If it's not in the MAS by now, Adobe's probably not going to submit it there.
PSE 12 also took more than half a year before it was on the MAS: it was originally released in September 2013, the MAS version came in April 2014.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.