Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pinktank

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
I actually disagree with your statements on gun control. But that is a discussion for another day, and thread. But history has shown that the best deffence against a dictatorial or tyrannical government is a well armed populace.

We might agree on some terms, it's just that historically black panthers are the pioneers of the modern pro-gun movement, but when it came to African Americans, NRA actually supported gun control and drafted some of the laws (the same laws that stand against a wholly another group today in true irony).

Anyhow, as you said, another discussion. Sorry to threadcrap people. That alone, has anyone found (ebay cheapo or otherwise) a case similar to the magpul? I'm just looking for a slim case that has some corner protection and offers grip

Last edited:

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
We might agree on some terms, it's just that historically black panthers are the pioneers of the modern pro-gun movement, but when it came to African American, NRA actually supported gun control and drafted some of the laws (the same laws that stand against a wholly another group today in true irony).

Anyhow, as you said, another discussion. Sorry to threadcrap people. That alone, has anyone found (ebay cheapo or otherwise) a case similar to the magpul? I'm just looking for a slim case that has some corner protection and offers grip

The Spigen translucent case is decent for $12 on Amazon but nothing I've found feels as good as the Magpul.

pinktank

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
The Spigen translucent case is decent for $12 on Amazon but nothing I've found feels as good as the Magpul.

Do you mean the 'ultra air' one? That is super thin and won't really do much beyond scratch protection. I guess there is the spigen tough armor. Do you know the weight on the magpul? I couldn't find any data anywhere

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
Do you mean the 'ultra air' one? That is super thin and won't really do much beyond scratch protection. I guess there is the spigen tough armor. Do you know the weight on the magpul? I couldn't find any data anywhere

Unfortunately I was talking about the iPhone case. Not iPad.

funkyc

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2008
case for ipad mini retina + logitech ultrathin keyboard

Hi all, I have a ipad mini retina and also a logitech ultrathin keyboard. I've been looking for a slim minimalist case that can fit both for a while now but no matter how much searching I do, I can't find one. I loved the Apple leather case and still use this when I'm not using the keyboard but would like something that can fit both.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

pinktank

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
Why isn't there a single, I mean even just one, origami cover case where the cover feels like the apple one, in that, flexible, thin and soft, rather than 0.02$ vinyl stuck to pieces of cardboard with glue..

Dataz

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2012
If anyone is in the market for entirely handmade leather cases with nerdy themes, I'm making ones with Game of Thrones, Doctor Who, Hitchhiker's Guide, Stephen Colbert, etc. :)

They're not cheap, but they're entirely handmade, incredibly high quality, and highly durable. http://www.nerdycovers.com

Do you have the copyright owners permission to use their logos, brands etc.? I don't think so. Reported!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.