Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

furfing

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 20, 2012
Hello All,

Connected to my MBA (i5 2557M @ 1.70 Ghz + 4GB) i have an apple cinema display in DVI.

Chrome and other application are lagging.

Typing now in this forum the text is lagging as well...

How to fix this issue ?

thx a lot

furfing

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 20, 2012
Hello All,

Connected to my MBA (i5 2557M @ 1.70 Ghz + 4GB) i have an apple cinema display in DVI.

Chrome and other application are lagging.

Typing now in this forum the text is lagging as well...

How to fix this issue ?

thx a lot

I'd like to add that this issue doesn't occur if i reduce the resolution to 2048 from 2560 ...

however in 2048*1152 things are really ugly...

cheers

motrek

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
hello,

anyone facing this issue ?

thx

How are you connecting DisplayPort to DVI and getting that 2560 resolution?

If you are using Apple's DisplayPort to dual-link DVI adapter then that might be the problem. That thing has a bunch of electronics to decode the video signal and re-encode it.

I see you are connecting to a Cinema Display. Do you have the 2010 model? That should have a DisplayPort connector and you should be using that instead of DVI.

furfing

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 20, 2012
How are you connecting DisplayPort to DVI and getting that 2560 resolution?

If you are using Apple's DisplayPort to dual-link DVI adapter then that might be the problem. That thing has a bunch of electronics to decode the video signal and re-encode it.

I see you are connecting to a Cinema Display. Do you have the 2010 model? That should have a DisplayPort connector and you should be using that instead of DVI.

Hello Motrek,

My screen has a Mini DisplayPort that directly connect to the Mini DisplayPort of my Mac book air. I do not use any connector or else which i dont have.

The model i have is LED Cinema Display 27 - MC007LL/A - A1316

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-MC007LL...UTF8&qid=1424846964&sr=1-1&keywords=MC007LL/A

Thx for your help.

Last edited:

motrek

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
Hello Motrek,

My screen has a Mini DisplayPort that directly connect to the Mini DisplayPort of my Mac book air. I do not use any connector or else which i dont have.

The model i have is LED Cinema Display 27 - MC007LL/A - A1316

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-MC007LL...UTF8&qid=1424846964&sr=1-1&keywords=MC007LL/A

Thx for your help.

Ah okay, your original post said DVI so I was confused.

I have no idea why it's slow, sorry. I have a similar setup and it works fine for me. :(

furfing

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 20, 2012
Ah okay, your original post said DVI so I was confused.

I have no idea why it's slow, sorry. I have a similar setup and it works fine for me. :(

i see no pb. thx ! do u think it could be becasue i run on bootcamp windows 7 ?

motrek

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
i see no pb. thx ! do u think it could be becasue i run on bootcamp windows 7 ?

No, my understanding of Bootcamp is that it just lets you dual-boot Windows, so if you aren't in Windows it shouldn't have an effect on anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.