Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How much would you pay for the AT&T unlimited data plan for the iPad?

• $0

Votes: 104 28.3%
  • $1-100

Votes: 150 40.8%
  • $101-300

Votes: 26 7.1%
  • $301-500

Votes: 18 4.9%
  • $501-700

Votes: 13 3.5%
  • $701-900

Votes: 12 3.3%
  • $901-1100

Votes: 7 1.9%
  • $1100-1300

Votes: 7 1.9%
  • $1300-1500

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • More than $1500

Votes: 26 7.1%

• Total voters

east85

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2010
Looks like they're around $1400 now at the lowest. I'm pretty glad I purchased mine for $800 a few months back. That fluctuation is kind of crazy.

Anyways if anyone here is interested in giving me a helping hand, I'd like to find the correct procedure for moving the sim to a Unite Pro hotspot. My topic is @ https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1848372/ or just reply here. Thanks :D

NayborAxi

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2012
unlimiteddatahome on ebay has been selling these for months and i wonder if he works for att or maybe he found a loophole to make fresh accounts? He has sold more than 50 accounts for sure.

R90805

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2015
Hi, I have one on these account i just bought it a couple of month back an I am interested in buying a second if the is anyone one selling one for a fair price i would be interested

T0MMYBOY4

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2013
Yeah the one he sold me has only 1 previous payment and it should have had more than 12 previous payments. I think he's a tech on att and he's making them.
This plan was only offered for 38 days back in 2010. Not really possible to "make" an account that is no longer in existence. Don't let the lack of payment history fool you. AT&T would quickly catch this & wouldn't allow it. Wether he's getting them from Craigslist or wherever, these plans are very rare. I too purchased a plan from unlimiteddatahome on Ebay a while back and it is indeed 100% legit. I'm happy with my plan I got from him, regardless of where he gets them from. Some questions are just better left unanswered.....

NayborAxi

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2012
This plan was only offered for 38 days back in 2010. Not really possible to "make" an account that is no longer in existence. Don't let the lack of payment history fool you. AT&T would quickly catch this & wouldn't allow it. Wether he's getting them from Craigslist or wherever, these plans are very rare. I too purchased a plan from unlimiteddatahome on Ebay a while back and it is indeed 100% legit. I'm happy with my plan I got from him, regardless of where he gets them from. Some questions are just better left unanswered.....

I'm not saying they are not legit. I'm just curious as to how he's making them. I would like to get several more but i can't due to the high price.

MacSkier

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2011
I to have bought ipad unlimited plans from unlimited data on ebay. I do recall one of the plans was from someone from Chicago area so somehow he is able to find unlimited ipad plans that individuals seem to not renew or cancel.
He is legit.

vjim

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2012
I just bought an at&t unite pro and put the sim card in it and works out of the box! For $30/mo best investment for unlimited wifi and all my devices are connected to it. Really glad I bought the hotspot instead of jailbreaking my ipad and installing tetherme. Using 21GB right now and no throttling so far. :cool:

psingh01

macrumors 68000
Apr 19, 2004
I just bought an at&t unite pro and put the sim card in it and works out of the box! For $30/mo best investment for unlimited wifi and all my devices are connected to it. Really glad I bought the hotspot instead of jailbreaking my ipad and installing tetherme. Using 21GB right now and no throttling so far. :cool:

where did you get the hotspot? which model/do these come "locked"? how long does the battery last for you?

i'm currently running my iPad jailbroken but i'd rather not run it that way. sometimes the link between my laptop and iPad drop which is annoying.

techiegirl

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2007
where did you get the hotspot? which model/do these come "locked"? how long does the battery last for you?

I bought my hotpots from Craigslist and Ebay. I didn't pay attention whether they were locked or not, since I was using it on AT&T anyway. I have 3 hotspots (out of four unlimited data lines) and they all work very well. I leave mine on for 12 hours a day and usually have 30% battery left over.

irox

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2015
One thing to consider, whether you tether an iPad or use a Unite hotspot; neither "device" is a router, which imposes some limitations. If you set your connection on your laptop, desktop, to the LTE device, you cannot access other equipment in your lan; unless you're multi-nic'ed, you can only connect to external destinations. May or may not be important to you.

I plan to connect my router to the Unite using an Ethernet to wifi bridge and fix my connection to the router, not the Unite; primarily because I use a raspberry PI squid proxy to speed things up and to discard junk ads and the PI squid server is on my local lan

Last edited:

irox

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2015
unlimiteddatahome on ebay has been selling these for months and i wonder if he works for att or maybe he found a loophole to make fresh accounts? He has sold more than 50 accounts for sure.

Bought one from him last night. Seems legit.

I am also interested in getting another, if someone has a "spare".

Last edited:

vjim

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2012
I bought mine from Amazon, it didnt matter if it was locked to att coz its an att sim. its a refurb unit, and i didnt really measure the length in hours, but when i leave for work its fully charged and come home its critically low batt (after 12 hrs at work), only the apple tv is connected to it. who knows maybe the apple tv is updating in the background.
Make sure you get the Unite Pro, not just the Unite. The latter doesnt have LTE.
the tetherme jailbreak method is unrealiable, and the battery on my ipad heats up fast, and i dont want it plugged in all the time.

sonyab523

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2010
Has anyone used this with the mifi liberate? I too bought mine from unlimiteddatehome ($890).

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.